Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpoolog

I need some (04-06) GTO help...

10 posts in this topic

I've said every so often that I love the Pontiac GTO; although I actually fell in love with the Monaro first, because I was in OZ when I first laid eyes upon it, and was then lucky enough to take one for a (slightly illegal) spin. :)

Now, I should have the means to pick one up used, especially with Canada's currency parity with the US Dollar. However, my problem is, is that I have learned that for whatever reason, the Government won't allow people to import the GTO into my country.

So before I give the agency responsible for the regulations a call, I was wondering if anyone knows why the GTO isn't allowed into Canada, or even better, if anyone knows some way that will let me get it in.

Many thanks. 8)

Edited by Captainbooyah

Wait 15 years. Any car that was not built purposely and tested to Canadian standards must be at least 15 years old to be imported as a classic vehicle.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation.../list/VAFUS.pdf

Look in page 10, clearly states that 2004-2006 GTO is inadmissible.

Edited by ToniCipriani

Basically, the answer is that Transport Canada will not allow you to import any vehicle into Canada that is not 15 years old or older. You'd also have to bring the car up to Canadian specs which are slightly different from US ones, the bumper in Canada still has to sustain a hit at 5mph whereas in the US it's been reduced to 2 1/2, for instance.

I poked around in other places, and no one else has had success, so it looks like a no-go then. :angry:

Oh well...

I poked around in other places, and no one else has had success, so it looks like a no-go then. :angry:

Oh well...

Move South!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0