And so the curse lives on...

bowtie_dude

So Tuesday night, I'm Christmas shopping for the wife and I'm about to leave the parking lot of the store I'm in. A black Toyota Highlander goes through the intersection and I pull out to the left (behind it). Suddenly, this dumb woman stops, throws the damn thing into reverse and boom! Takes out my front bumper. Pulled it completely off. *sigh*

While waiting for the officer to show up, she conveys her wish to just write me a check once I get an estimate. Apparently in order to keep her monthly premium down, her deductible is outrageous, something like $1000. So I tentatively agree, especially after she's honest with the officer about whose fault it was.

Well until today. Yesterday I got 2 estimates (one for $530, the other for $650) and went by her place. She only wanted to write an exact amount for the estimate and directly to the repair place. When I explain to her that the total cost may be more than the estimate AND that I'm going to be out a car for two days, she starts to weasel her way out of writing a check for any more than the estimate by saying that I can just have them call her and get her credit card info when the repairs done and when I get a rental car. Of course this is unacceptable to me because I'm not going through all this inconvenience after she hit me. So we eventually get to the point where I tell her that I'm just going to contact my insurance and get this taken care of the most convenient way for the both of us.

All she would have had to have done was written ME a check that would have covered the cost of a two-day rental and any extra over the estimate. Now she gets to pay a $1000 deductible and watch her premium go up. Too bad. :pokeowned:

Hey Bowtie_dude, sorry to hear that. I think you should call the insurance co. especially if she is weaseling out. I hope you get the car fixed ASAP.

Hey BTW I will be in Lexington next Friday. If you do not have any plans would like to meet? I will look forward to meet you.

Yikes ... very sorry that happened to you, dude.

After some of my experiences, I'm not sure I would've let her off the hook so easily in the first place. After all, her hitting you was an inconvenience to YOU....

*shrugs*

Then again ... knowing myself ... I might've done the exact same thing originally.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"No store bought gifts to open, but there'll be Christmas just the same" ... Kenny Rogers ... 'Kentucky Homemade Christmas'

Bowtie, she only has to pay the $1000 deductible if she repairs damage to her car (she pays the first $1000 toward her damages. If the repairs are only $650 to her car, she pays $650, and so on). Damage to your car should be paid in full by her insurance company to you directly (and possibly your leinholder), or your bodyshop. Depending on the insurance company, your rental car will either be direct billed from the rental car agency to her insurance company, or you will pay for it up front then get reimbursed.

Hopefully you have her insurance information because they need to pay for this. If you go through your own insurance, you will need to pay your collision deductible, only to be reimbursed at a later date if and when your insurance company wins the case against her insurance company.

Easiest thing to do is call her insurance company and let them take care of everything, the repairs, the rental, and be done with it. At least that's how it works here in PA. Best of luck to you getting a quick resolution.

Edited by ocnblu

Bowtie, she only has to pay the $1000 deductible if she repairs damage to her car (she pays the first $1000 toward her damages. If the repairs are only $650 to her car, she pays $650, and so on). Damage to your car should be paid in full by her insurance company to you directly (and possibly your leinholder), or your bodyshop. Depending on the insurance company, your rental car will either be direct billed from the rental car agency to her insurance company, or you will pay for it up front then get reimbursed.

Hopefully you have her insurance information because they need to pay for this. If you go through your own insurance, you will need to pay your collision deductible, only to be reimbursed at a later date if and when your insurance company wins the case against her insurance company.

Easiest thing to do is call her insurance company and let them take care of everything, the repairs, the rental, and be done with it. At least that's how it works here in PA. Best of luck to you getting a quick resolution.

Its in the police report which I'll go pick up later this week, it takes ten days for a collision report to be available.

Talked to my insurance agent just a few moments ago and she got all the facts of the accident and was going to contact the lady and make sure SHE had contacted her insurance. I hope the lady is cooperative so we can get this over with ASAP. There's no reason she should be because she gave an honest account of her fault in the matter to the police officer, so its in the collision report.

I just want this $h! to be done with.

Yes, that is possible, or they could be waiting to hear from you or their insured. Have you given them your statement? Some police agencies drag their butts when it comes to paperwork. I would be calling them to see what the hold-up is, they'll tell you.

Yes, that is possible, or they could be waiting to hear from you or their insured. Have you given them your statement? Some police agencies drag their butts when it comes to paperwork. I would be calling them to see what the hold-up is, they'll tell you.

I talked to my insurance agent and gave her my statement. She called the lady that hit me once she got my statement and said I should hear from her insurance about getting my car taken care of and how to proceed. That was Tuesday.

You're doing it the slow way. Call her insurance company so they can act quickly to get you taken care of. Call them and ask if they have the police report, etc., see if they have everything they need to accept liability and pay for your damage.

You're doing it the slow way. Call her insurance company so they can act quickly to get you taken care of. Call them and ask if they have the police report, etc., see if they have everything they need to accept liability and pay for your damage.

Well, the police report wouldn't have been available until today, if at all, takes 10 days for the report to be available.

Thing is, since the original plan was to not involve insurance, I don't have her insurance info. However, it will be on the report. I'll call my agent back tomorrow and see what she can tell me. Thanks for your help.