6.2 in the trucks?

LS1POWERED

When are they going to stick it in the non Denali trucks? I would buy one tomorrow if i could get a Sierra with the 6sp, 6.2 and a part time 4x4. Come on GM you have it now let me buy it.

I read awhile back that the 6.2 would replace the 6.0 but when? Just read that the 6.2 can be purchased in the 2wd Tahoe now.

I didn't know you could get a 6.2 in a Tahoe, isn't that impossible maybe not if you special order.

GMFamilyFirst.com pricing pages shows the Tahoe LTZ model with the L92 6200 V8 is optional for $1295, also comes with the 6sp auto.

shows it as the detuned like the Yukon Denali at 380 hp but the same 417tq.

edit: Looks like http://www.fueleconomy.gov/ has it on there also.

Chevrolet Tahoe 1500 2WD 8 cyl, 6.2 L, Automatic 6-spd, Premium

13.1 NA

Edited by LS1POWERED

They just started this option at the beginning of the month.

Yes, only on the Tahoe LTZ 2wd. Odd that it's only on that ONE configuration, but so be it, loaded and 2wd.

No clue if it will spread to other models or the trucks, as this alone is a bit out of the blue.

Edited by caddycruiser

I've been thinking about replacing my old 98 Jimmy lately (as I do about every other month or so, hehehe) and what I want runs the gamut from a new Mustang GT, to a late model G35 or wait out and see what the Camaro is like, which I guess I"m subconsciously doing I guess by not buying anything (I owned a 98 Z28 and I actually really miss it). I also owned 2 late model Sierras once upon a time (an 01 2wd and an 04 Z71, both of which I bought when I owned a business)...Every once in a while I get a hankering to get another full size truck again, but something thats unusual and fun. Anywho...long story short, I was thinking it would be kind of cool to have a hot rod truck as my daily driver - think 2wd regular cab V8 truck - and as I was building and researching online I noticed something extremely disappointing about the GM trucks; you can't get the 375 horse 6.0L Vortec Max engine in the regular cab! Toyota offers the 5.7L in their regular cab, I think GM should offer that motor (or better yet, the new 6.2L) in their regular cab. What gives?

I've been thinking about replacing my old 98 Jimmy lately (as I do about every other month or so, hehehe) and what I want runs the gamut from a new Mustang GT, to a late model G35 or wait out and see what the Camaro is like, which I guess I"m subconsciously doing I guess by not buying anything (I owned a 98 Z28 and I actually really miss it). I also owned 2 late model Sierras once upon a time (an 01 2wd and an 04 Z71, both of which I bought when I owned a business)...Every once in a while I get a hankering to get another full size truck again, but something thats unusual and fun. Anywho...long story short, I was thinking it would be kind of cool to have a hot rod truck as my daily driver - think 2wd regular cab V8 truck - and as I was building and researching online I noticed something extremely disappointing about the GM trucks; you can't get the 375 horse 6.0L Vortec Max engine in the regular cab! Toyota offers the 5.7L in their regular cab, I think GM should offer that motor (or better yet, the new 6.2L) in their regular cab. What gives?

GM has never offered their biggest motor in the regular pickup. I never understood why.

A 6.0 in the Regular Pickup would be a blast.

GM has never offered their biggest motor in the regular pickup. I never understood why.

A 6.0 in the Regular Pickup would be a blast.

Not true. Starting in 1990 and lasting until 1993, Chevy offered the 454 V8 (7.4 liter) engine in the Silverado trim, regular cab, short bed, 2wd configuration known as the 454 SS. This spawned the muscle truck era of the '90s, with the GMC Syclone (1991), GMC Typhoon (1992-1993), and Ford Lightning(1993-1995) following on the heels of the 454 SS.

history3.jpg

Chevy's big mistake was by offering a "poor man's" Denali with the Silverado SS a few years ago. That truck should have had AWD as an option, not standard, been offered in both regular and extended cabs, and been standard with a premium cloth interior and not leather. However, it's not too late for Chevy/GM to do this, although they should act quickly because of all the CAFE crap. They could cash in on those wanting a modern-day muscle truck and do it before the government intervenes with the CAFE regulations.

Well, when they get the 6.2 and 6 speed in a 1/2 ton non pickup with a decent box size (not the shorty on the Denali) I'm going to get one. The 5.3 pulls snowmobile trailers through the mountains alright, but the 6.2 would be a lot more fun.