Saab 9-1 Information

matt41

Saab 9-1 news from Aftonbladet

January 11th, 2008 - by swade · 27 Comments

Greetings from Los Angeles. I rode in a Ferrari today. More to come later

Richo was having dinner with someone from Saab Oz last week and he emailed me to say that something was going to be coming in the next week or so about the Saab 9-1. The person he was dining with declined to give details as she knew it’d appear here on the blog in quick time.

And right she was.

But no need to worry, as it appears that Robert Collin from Aftonbladet has covered it anyway.

Trakdah has produced this translation, as has Tompa in comments.

——

“Saab will be showing a whole new model in the Golf-segment later this year. Not only that. The car will be a so called plug-in-hybrid where the batteries can be reloaded of a wall socket and - which is unique - the explosion motor in the system runs on ethanol.

[…]9-1 as the car will be known is based on the same technology as teh upcomming Opel Astra and will be General Motor’s competitor to luxury brands as the Audi A3 and Volvo S40/V50. The car which is a naturally is a hatchback was designed by Brian Nesbitt who at the time was design lead for GM Europe.

- The coolest car I’ve drawn, says Nesbitt to [Aftonbladet]

And now [Aftonbladet] can announce that a concept car with plug-in-hybrid technology and ethanol engine will be shown at the Geneva car show in March [2008].

And as if that wasn’t enough, another revelation: this fall we will be able to see the new 9-5 modell which will be made available at teh same time as the 9-4X next year.

The car will as Aftonbladet already disclosed be larger than the current 9-5 and have a design that will be clearly unique. Speak of GM wanting to see Saab get going.”

Hmmm....

Sounds good! I can't wait to see it!

Wow, GM seems to be going on the little cars with full force now days.

Maybe that "luxury" mini-car would be a perfect Saab. It would help elevate the brands sales world wide and bring in new people to the fold. If they did it with the look of the Saabs of the 60s I'm sure people would be all over the "cuteness" of it just like the Mini.

Wow, GM seems to be going on the little cars with full force now days.

Maybe that "luxury" mini-car would be a perfect Saab. It would help elevate the brands sales world wide and bring in new people to the fold. If they did it with the look of the Saabs of the 60s I'm sure people would be all over the "cuteness" of it just like the Mini.

Have you seen 60's Saab's?

Awkward & weird...I'd reference the look of the mid-80's 900 well before I went to a look as appealing as herring....

I know one person here who is WAITING for that machine to be released possibly at London Auto Show. (That is not me) :)

*raises hand*

I'd like to find a future replacement for the MINI that is from a GM brand

Edited by ZL-1