Serial #0001 sold at barrett jackson

cletus8269

Anyone catch the ZR1 #0001 sell at barrett jackson in scottsdale arizona for $1,000,000. Winning bidder gets a one off color of lemans blue and a special RPO number that will be retired after the Vette is delivered. Owner gets to watch the car built in bowling green and drive it off the assembly line when its finished, on top of that a three day driving lesson with none other that Ron Fellows himself.

I don't think I saw that one..there was the blue (from the car magazines) ZR1 on display in the Chevy exhibit in the main hall, but I don't think it was the car up for auction.

I did see a black Z06 w/ gray/black wheels that had the most evil exhaust note I've ever heard a Corvette make...idling and revved, it sounded like an old radial airplane engine or something..

I watched them auction off the first production Challenger (had the concept there in it's place), but I didn't catch this one.

I wondered how they did the Challenger..I saw the concept in the post-sale area, but didn't see a production version at all..guess they didn't have one available.

they had the blue zr1 from the mags and press release on the stage as a representation, the actual car that was purchased is to be built. the lucky bidder... the guy that bought the 1953 serial #003 for 1 million last year. doesnt he know that its polite to share once in a lifetime chances?

Guest YellowJacket894
I wondered how they did the Challenger..I saw the concept in the post-sale area, but didn't see a production version at all..guess they didn't have one available.

They had the concept in its place on the auction block.

A million dollars for a ZR1 that you could otherwise own for 10% of that? Waste of money.

I'd rather invest a million like this:

$400,000 - nicest, cleanest, most gorgeous example of an early '30s 452-ohv V16 Cadillac ever built.

$100,000 - early '30s 452-ohv V16 Cadillac dual cowl phaeton in good shape w/ daily driver potential.

$100,000 - '30s Packard, any straight eight or V12

$50,000 - early '30s Pontiac rumble seat coupe

$50,000 - 1967 Cadillac side-loader hearse

$50,000 - 1959 Buick Electra 225 Riviera in black

$50,000 - 1961 Cadillac coupe deVille heardtop, yellow w/ white interior

$50,000 - 1969 Camaro ZL1 clone, daytona yellow hardtop

$50,000 - 1963 Corvette split window coupe, blood red

couldnt agree more, theres a lot to be done with 1 mill but its for charity, in fact the guys actual bid was 900 but he agreed to pay the 1 mill like he did for the '53 because it was charity, and then he donated another 50K out of his pocket. clearly money isnt an object for him like it would be for us.

personally i'd take the mill and buy

one zr1

a 66, 68, and 69 427 impala

a splitwindow vette

stage 2 70 gs

87 gnx

a few chevelles

69 crossram z28

70 1/2 lt1 camaro

70 lt1 corvette

and track down my old 90 ss 454

with the rest i'd build a nice climate controlled garage and a studio apartment on the 2nd floor because i'd be too busy driving the cars to stare at the 4 walls of a house.