Went to Barrett-Jackson yesterday..

It was quite the circus..walked around for about 6 hrs, spent an hour or so sitting down watching some of the actual auctioneering. A little something for everyone, mostly '60s-70s muscle cars (massive #s of Chevelles, '67-69 Camaros, Impalas, Bel-Airs). Many, many Mopies ('68-70 Road Runners, '70-72 Cudas, Challengers, '68-70 Chargers, etc). Lots of Mustangs (incl. 2 red '69 Boss 429s) and various Shelbys..

There were quite a few '50s-60s big cars as well..the usual '57 Bel Airs, Corvettes and Thunderbirds, along with a massive '57 Roadmaster conv..a couple '59 Buicks, '59 and '60 Olds, a couple '59 Pontiacs and 4 '61 Catalinas and Bonnevilles....

Some '70s and '80s cars as well--a very clean '74 Impala sport coupe Bicentennial edition (all-white), a all-original, low-mileage '76 Caddy deVille (4dr ht, silver blue), a '75 Olds 88 convertible (lt green w/ white interior), and an '83 Olds Cutlass Supreme w/ 23k original miles (lt brown w/ brown interior).

There were a bunch of the Monster Garage crap there up for auction also (a Panoz w/ an airplane engine, a Mustang lawn mower, a cut-and-shut shortened Lincoln dragster, a '90s Impala SS w/ odd mods, etc all very poorly done).

Inside, amongst the automobilia vendors were hawking, Ford, GM and Honda had sizeable displays...in the GM display, there was the 50 Cent G8, a blue ZR1 (looked like the car from all the magazines), a black CTS, gray Malibu, Escalade hybrid, Tahoe hybrid, and a massive 1911 Oldsmobile touring car (with those massive wheels it was like an early Donk).

At the Ford stand, they had the '08 Bullitt Mustang that I liked a lot, along with various other Mustangs and a couple of Flexes (incl. the Funkmaster Flex Flex).

Outside, they had a drift exhibit w/ Mustangs.

A lot of fun in sunny, warmish (65) Scottsdale... got to head back to frigid Denver this afternoon..

Sounds like a great time, moltar.

One of these days, I want to get there as well.... So much automotive history, even if I may not be able to afford it ;).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Can we stop this time or must we go again?" ... TG Sheppard ... 'Finally'

Did you happen to see the Corvette "Rondine" concept go across the block. It was a '63 Corvette chassis with a body by Pinanfarina, it sold for $1.6M. I believe that was the top seller of the whole auction

yeah that thing was sweet, there was a thunderbird fastback concept that was there too, anyone catch how much it went for?

Did you happen to see the Corvette "Rondine" concept go across the block. It was a '63 Corvette chassis with a body by Pinanfarina, it sold for $1.6M. I believe that was the top seller of the whole auction

I saw the Rondine in the post-sale room after it was on the block..it was pushed past me, about 1 foot away...beautiful car..I saw the Thunderbird Italien up close also. Not sure what it went for...will have to go the B-J website and look up the results when I have some free time.