Allure. Enclave. Lucerne.

the_yellow_dart

These are the only three current Buick models.

This reminds me of the fading days of Oldsmobile.

Do we have confirmation that Buick is not going away? or is this a ship that GM is quietly filling with lead, like Olds?

I think the name has some resonance with the older crowd still, and I wonder - why are there no plans for an Epsilon Buick? The size would be perfect for an entry-level Buick, IMO, and the quality of Epsilon is obviously now quite good.

Thoughts?

That's OK, Mr. Dart. You're not "old enough" to be ready for a Buick anyway, are ya? :AH-HA_wink:

I can only see myself buying from three GM divisions in the near future...

Chevrolet, Pontiac, and Saturn.

This thread is not from an interested buyer of the product, just me as an GM enthusiast asking, "What's up with that?"

Remember TYD, Oldsmobile had a full line-up when they announced the "phase-out" of the brand. The steps to Buick's restructuring plan have always been announced as well... and the plan wasn't a "phase-out." We knew ahead of time that the Enclave would replace Rainier, Rendezvous, & Terraza. We knew LaCrosse would replace Century & Regal. We knew Lucerne would replace LeSabre & Park Avenue.

For the time being, the plan is for Buick's two line-ups between China and the US to be unified. The first step was exporting Enclave to China. The next step is selling the same LaCrosse in both markets. If reaction continues to be positive, other models may follow (like a compact Buick, and Lucerne's replacement in 2011.)