Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

GM would share Volt technology among brands

7 posts in this topic

During its all-brand meeting February 10, 2008, GM said that it would share the technology used in the Chevrolet Volt with its other brands.

To view the entire story, as reported by Automotive News, click here.

I think this would be the perfect opportunity to call a new Buick "Electra"!

Edited by wildcat

I think this was expected, though each one should carry it's own "enviro" style.

Chevy - Plug in hybrid with gas engine (E85). 5-seater for 4-door, 4-seater for 2 door, Cobalt sized car(big on inside like prius).

Saturn - Plug in hybrid with diesel engine & gas engine (let the public decide if it will be too much). Mini-Suv like the Vue

Cadillac - Plug in hybrid with hydrogen (this one could actually make money). 2-seater luxury (XLR replacement)

Buick - Plug in hybrid with gas engine (E85) done in luxury (American luxury). 4 passenger luxury small car. Done like Riviera show car.

Pontiac - Plug in hybrid with gas engine (E85). 2 seater sports car, Solstice size.

Edited by Dsuupr

I guess I just assumed they would do this from day one. It really is a no brainer.

Agreed. They would gain less in terms of overall sales by preading it across than they could possibly achieve by maximizing Volt sales.

IE: Maximum Volt Sales< Maximum Sales If Spread Across Corporation.

I think we are missing one point.

GM will share this with other companies at a price.

This technology can be licensed and sold to others at a fee that would not only cover GM's development but also put them at a price advantage.

Lets face it GM has had some of the best Trannys and A/C systems in history and many have bought the rights to use them. Hybrid systems if perfected can be added to this list.

Lets face it many can't afford to spend the money GM has on develpment. Many companys need a dance partner to make it today as few can do it alone.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room