What's Your Opinion of This?

Cory Wolfe

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So, what do you think of it?

IMO, it's rather tasteful. It's not over-excessive nor considerably rice. Looks good. I think I'm going to try this with my GA. The result will be different, mainly because of the black bars. I just need the know how, a new leftside, and some colored bulbs...

Also, I thought this was an awesome photo... :D

Posted Image

I'll always like these Grand Ams. Customized Tail lights is so "90s". Screw that, I just bought blue-dots the other day for the datsun but now I dont; have the heart to install them since it is permanenet and I'll probably never find replacement tail lights for the datsun. Either way thie whole alteza tail lighta and clear markers thing was cool when I was in HIgh School in like '93 and '94... now it's just silly IMO.

BV I don't know if you can do the same with the SE style tail lights, the coloring is through the entire light assembly instead of a coloring inside clear plastic. BTW I do know if I like the G6 that much more than the Grand Am GT.. those are starting to look more stylish as time passes!

CLICK for a How To
BV, I'm not sure if you can do that on the 92-98 models but if you can remember to put some red bulb in after whether they be LED or just regular other wise your car will not be legal after.

My thoughts personally, I don't hate them but if I had a Grand Am I would either leave them stock or tint them black and throw some LED bulb in ther so they have a brighter output through the tint (I'd love to do that to my current taillights actualy just don't have the time).

Either way thie whole alteza tail lighta and clear markers thing was cool when I was in HIgh School in like '93 and '94... now it's just silly IMO.

Um... 93? 94? :blink:

Where do you think the name "Altezza" came from? Yeah... the Toyota Altezza. In case you don't know, the Japanese version of the Lexus IS. One of the first production cars to have them. They existed before it, of course, but the fact it had them just shows how much more popular they were when it debuted than in 93 or 94. Actually, they are probably more popular today than when it debuted.

So... maybe it was cool to you back then...

V I don't know if you can do the same with the SE style tail lights, the coloring is through the entire light assembly instead of a coloring inside clear plastic. BTW I do know if I like the G6 that much more than the Grand Am GT.. those are starting to look more stylish as time passes!

Well, if I had an SE... :P

BV, I'm not sure if you can do that on the 92-98 models but if you can remember to put some red bulb in after whether they be LED or just regular other wise your car will not be legal after.

On 92-95 GTs, it's possible. The construction on the taillights are similar to the 99-05 GTs. There's the clear lense with a red lense behind it. The big difference is that the black bars are between the two lenses on mine. It's not a decal, like other GAs. All that and I've seen it done before.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Um... 93? 94? :blink:

Where do you think the name "Altezza" came from? Yeah... the Toyota Altezza. In case you don't know, the Japanese version of the Lexus IS. One of the first production cars to have them. They existed before it, of course, but the fact it had them just shows how much more popular they were when it debuted than in 93 or 94. Actually, they are probably more popular today than when it debuted.

[post="31764"][/post]

Once again BV, you're jumping to the conclusion that I'm ignorant. I know the Altezza is a Toyota "IS200/300" and even had I not I would have figured it out when I bought a few of them in Gran Turismo 2.

It's just like the whole piercing thing, how cool is it rebel by getting a piercing when 65% of the kids in your school are also pierced. :rolleyes:

Like i said back in the early '90s we thought it was cool on Mark II Jettas and 80s BMWs but now its kind of passe.

BTW: a few years ago just after they came out I bought LED tail light bulbs for my '97 STS... they DO NOT work well in the application. They're useless wiht the reflector... they're not set up to reflect in any direction. I do not have the time or energy to explain the dynamics of it but needless to say the LEDs I bought for the STS are the same ones that ended up tucked undeer the rear bumper of the STS because they were useless in the Cadillac. I'm a bit LED obsessed myslef as you can see form the 70-bulb LED STS "chimsl" (3rd brake light) in my Camaro & Brougham. I just sold the Brougham and the brake light you see in the rear window of this photo is now in the Datsun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's just like the whole piercing thing, how cool is it rebel by getting a piercing when 65% of the kids in your school are also pierced.

Do you have problems reading? Seriously... How many times have I said I don't do or buy something because it is popular or because it is unique. I do it or buy it because I like it. I could care less what other people think or how many other people like it. Now, read this over and over and over and over and over and over until this sinks in and you understand this. Okay? Because I really don't want to explain this again.... Alright?

Once again BV,  you're jumping to the conclusion that I'm ignorant.

[post="31985"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's easy to jump to such a conclusion when you display your ignorance on a daily basis.

BV: Go for it. It looks unique as I have never seen a Grand Am with that rear treatment and it looks fairly nice. I'd take it a step further though, and do something so it doesn't look like there's just a bulb hanging there like in the HOW TO's "model." I'd go for a "starburst" treatment (2003+ Malibu) if possible. If done well, it could look really classy and unique.

Also, don't let Sixty8 get to you. He's just content on antagonizing you on the board. Seriously...what kind of person spends so much time online antagonizing people? :rolleyes: Edited by Croc

BV: Whatever, knock yourself out. You asked what we thought of it and I told you. Don't kill the messanger just because I don't like the idea. I might even install custom tail lights on a vehicle of mine if tyhe cost and efrort was minimal and they didn't look like ass. Croc: BV was asking for my opinion, I gave it. Read the title of the thread. Edited by Sixty8panther

Sixty8, I didn't question your opinion, though. I simply questioned your idea of clear taillight/altezza popularity. I never said anything regarding your opinion. Also, you brought up the ignorant comment. I wasn't even implying that so I didn't respond to it in my second post. Which, again, had no reference to your opinion. I explained myself, like I had before. It just seemed that you keep glancing over that as I keep hearing it from you. So, I've respected your opinion while you jumped to the conclusion that hadn't. Anyways, wow, how did this innocent thread go sour? :blink: *edit* Sorry, Z... didn't see your PM yet. Edited by blackviper8891

Uh... 95... :unsure: Why? Were the original pictures of a 99-05 GA with clear taillights confusing? I just thought they were cool... so I posted them and happened to say that I'd like to do the same to my 95 GA's tailllights as shown in the very, very, very tiny pic in a later post. Which was clearing them. Hmm... did you just read my first post and everyone else's posts, but not my later posts which made you think my GA is not a 95, but a 99-05? :P

Also a bad reason because I happen to own a rifle, which I know how to use. :D :P BTW, when I argued with Sixty8... it wasn't about FWD vs. RWD. It was about FWD being unfairly... uh.. typed about. Being bashed for no reason what-so-ever in like... 90% of his posts. Sorry, but BS like that had to be called out upon. And FYI on my standing, I like *surprise* RWD *surprise* over *surprise* FWD *surprise*. But yes, I'm sorry to you and anyone else annoyed by it. I've taken measures to make sure I won't do it again. So has Z.

... I'm a bit LED obsessed myslef as you can see form the 70-bulb LED STS "chimsl" (3rd brake light) in my Camaro & Brougham. I just sold the Brougham and the brake light you see in the rear window of this photo is now in the Datsun. I'd like to do some "LED augmentation" to the Mark. I saw at the auto store what looked like direct swap-out LED lights that fit in factory sockets for tailights, etc. Had any exerience wit those? Also, Since the Mark has that long, narrow, horizontal taillamps, I am seriously considering going the "sequentiall flashing" route. That would be so cool! Now, I need some powerful driving lights, as the headlights are also narrow and horizontal, and while they look cool and have superblue bright bulbs, just aren't big enough to light up the night like the trusty caprice does with its monster peepers. Oh, also going to do the neon undercarriage thing...I don't care if it is "high school, circa 1995" or not. LOL! Also want to do neon here and there on the inside... So many lights, so little time. HAHA!