Bangle butt

Infiniti headlights

I see they have the 4DSC sticker on there..... At the price the Maxima will run....the choice is Maxima.. or G8? Which is more sporty....

What's not to like?

The past three Maxima Generations have been horrible IMO... The I30/I35 was what the Maxima should have been... but even then the I-Series wasn't that great.

The current Maxima already puts the V6 G8 to shame in options and features. If Nissan gets it right, this might be an option for me if I don't like the LaCrosse replacement this fall.

So does the Hyundai Azera. That on the option list too?

Any discussion on the car in those pictures is pointless......there's not a single one of us on here that can accurately imagine what the car looks like........

I'm glad they came back with the 4DSC stickers.....and if past (very past) Maximas are any indication, this car should, if executed right, give the G8 V6 a serious run for the money.

I've ALWAYS loved the "concept" of the Maxima, but I too have been disappointed, mostly so, in the previous generation. I'll withhold judgement till I see it.....but I HOPE Nissan takes it back to it's roots....and gives it an attractive wrapper again.

Any discussion on the car in those pictures is pointless......there's not a single one of us on here that can accurately imagine what the car looks like........

I'm glad they came back with the 4DSC stickers.....and if past (very past) Maximas are any indication, this car should, if executed right, give the G8 V6 a serious run for the money.

I've ALWAYS loved the "concept" of the Maxima, but I too have been disappointed, mostly so, in the previous generation. I'll withhold judgement till I see it.....but I HOPE Nissan takes it back to it's roots....and gives it an attractive wrapper again.

As long as they can make it fun to drive, like in generations past (I still love pushing my wife's '99), I'll be happy.

I also wonder if they've kicked around the idea of introducing a high-performance model with AWD. They need to make sure that this car isn't outperformed by the Altima 3.5 (again).

So does the Hyundai Azera. That on the option list too?

Don't even... <_<

I have a fondness for Nissan/Inifiniti. Especially Infiniti. I'd probably choose an M or G over the Maxima if I went that way, but I'm not sold on the opinion that RWD=better. Deciding on the G & M would derive from other factors.

As for Hyundai... Never... but that's beside the point. The Azera and Genesis aren't direct competitors to the G8. If you believe they are then you might as well say the LaCrosse and Lucerne are direct competitors to the G8 and merge the two brands together since you just demonstrated that they're redundant. :rolleyes:

Maxima is a premium sports/touring sedan... well, that's how it's marketed. So, the 2009 Maxima will be a direct competitor to the G8. Available options/features is a very important issue to buyers when cross-shopping competitors.

Don't even... <_<

I have a fondness for Nissan/Inifiniti. Especially Infiniti. I'd probably choose an M or G over the Maxima if I went that way, but I'm not sold on the opinion that RWD=better. Deciding on the G & M would derive from other factors.

As for Hyundai... Never... but that's beside the point. The Azera and Genesis aren't direct competitors to the G8. If you believe they are then you might as well say the LaCrosse and Lucerne are direct competitors to the G8 and merge the two brands together since you just demonstrated that they're redundant. :rolleyes:

Maxima is a premium sports/touring sedan... well, that's how it's marketed. So, the 2009 Maxima will be a direct competitor to the G8. Available options/features is a very important issue to buyers when cross-shopping competitors.

Question is.....powertrain......

Will they step up and give the Maxima the 3.5L, 306hp engine from the G35? Or the 3.7L 330hp engine from the G37?

I could imagine this thing to be a torque-steer monster with either of those engines......but it would make the "new" Maxima seriously quick if you could get the power down to the ground. The G35 already gets close to a G8 GT on speed (0-60/100 in 5.5/13.6 versus 5.3/12.7).....so that would make Maxima quite formidable (for a V6 competitor)....if a bit slower than G35 due to FWD traction off-the-line, etc.

HOWEVER, FWD Altimas with just 270hp are breaking into the high-5's 0-60......so maybe a 307hp Maxima would do better than we think.....maybe Maxima would come in lighter than G35....????

Question is.....powertrain......

HOWEVER, FWD Altimas with just 270hp are breaking into the high-5's 0-60......so maybe a 307hp Maxima would do better than we think.....maybe Maxima would come in lighter than G35....????

You realize you answered your own question right? :)

The G8 may beat the Maxima in V8 form, but I expect the Maxima to perform better (significantly better given the weight) than the G8 V6.

You realize you answered your own question right? :)

The G8 may beat the Maxima in V8 form, but I expect the Maxima to perform better (significantly better given the weight) than the G8 V6.

Probably true......but even though I'm fond of the older Maximas, I'd still prolly take a RWD G8 V6 with 250-260hp.....over a FWD Maxima with 306hp.....(but that's ONLY if I could get the G8 V6 with a manual.....which won't happen....)