Fifth year anniversary

I just realized today that I have been a member of C&G for five years this month. May 2003 was when I first registered, way back on the really old board. I was looking for some information on the Oldsmobile phase out and linked to here, which was still in a fledgling state and probably had only 200-300 members. And what kept me coming back was the Member's Talent area, the Skunkworks designs for the Chevelle, and the professional comprehensive reporting on automotive news.

As long as I've been a member, we've had three major board redesigns, two large board failures, we've seen the last Oldsmobile roll off the line, we speculated what the C6 Corvette would look like, we watched the dark days of GM's bottoming out in 2005-2006 and all the talk of bankruptcy, we got a peek at the long-awaited first Camaro pics, we witnessed the Kerkorkian/York fiasco, among many other events. I remember when NOS was a 14 year old kid, and now he's in college!

I just wanted to thank you all for being like a second family. I'm graduating in a few days and will be off to the working world, but I still plan on coming here often.

:CG_all:

congrats, i happened to stumble upon this place about 4 yrs ago but never joined up. i actually joined just to see all the stuff members got to see and forgot my user and password so i set up this account 5 months after the first. i think i used thatguy8269 the first go round.

I have no idea when I joined. I think it was early 2002, but part of me thinks it may have been late 2001. I forget when the site was initially started, but I joined early on my sophomore year of high school, so that's somewhere in the 2001-2002 academic year. Waaaaaaaaay back on Snitz...

Congrats, I'm sure to most it seems like I've been here forever! :smilewide:

No, not quite forever...but almost.

Kidding. I can't really dislike you since you know you aren't from Boston.

Edited by Croc

It'll be 5 years for myself this December. It'll also be my 20th birthday. Crazy.

:omfg: TWENTY YEARS OLD? I have shoes older than that! :lol:

Congrats, Mustang. I, myself, just passed 3 years about 3 weeks ago. Still addicted, I'm afraid.