Black VS White

So after over a year of owning her I've finally done something to make her more unique. While I do like white-face gauges and the sporting image they give off, I've long wanted some sort of metallic rings to surround them. Not only does it add some modern bright work to the cabin, but it ads a touch of class. Well, I wasn't able to get rings for the gauges but I did manage to get the next best thing.

On the recent $50 Day I managed to pick up a gauge cluster out of a Chrysler Concorde, and despite the rain I managed to keep it safe and dry. Yesterday, with some modifications, I was able to swap them out. Although these gauges are black, I do like the how they look, and indeed they do add a nice touch of class to my car (I think). I was gonna sell it originally, but for now I'll just keep both. If I feel sporty again I can always do another swap...I can seriously do the entire thing in less than 10 minutes.

Nice thing is that because the odometer is electronic, it updates the new gauge cluster so it reads the proper mileage...score one for technology!

100_0093.jpg

100_0095.jpg

Edited by Dodgefan

My '87 XR7's Cougar's digital dash was the same way.... you could

unplug it but the mileage was logged on a computer somewhere

else in the car's dash/under hood/ECM and would appear corrected

when it was plugged back in. So just for the record that technology

you are referring to is older than you are. :wink:

87xr7dash.jpg

Good swap--and a common one too! The Concorde's chrome ringed gauges (post '00 after they tried to fix some excessively cheapo parts inside, or at least dress them up a bit more than '98-99).

And a very good thing, unlike (I think) every GM vehicle I've heard of (and probably some others) that the mileage, etc. is stored on a computer in the car and not on the cluster. Having to re-program clusters to match always stinks and pretty much eliminates the job from being finished at home. Pro's to Chrysler, and apparently, Ford for that at times.

Same for the chrome handles--should be able to grab a set of those, without much hassle, I would think. Given that all 300M's and LHS's and then again the '00+ Concordes had them. All nice little touches.

Good swap--and a common one too! The Concorde's chrome ringed gauges (post '00 after they tried to fix some excessively cheapo parts inside, or at least dress them up a bit more than '98-99).

And a very good thing, unlike (I think) every GM vehicle I've heard of (and probably some others) that the mileage, etc. is stored on a computer in the car and not on the cluster. Having to re-program clusters to match always stinks and pretty much eliminates the job from being finished at home. Pro's to Chrysler, and apparently, Ford for that at times.

Same for the chrome handles--should be able to grab a set of those, without much hassle, I would think. Given that all 300M's and LHS's and then again the '00+ Concordes had them. All nice little touches.

Yeah, I've noticed Chrysler did a lot of little things to improve there interiors. The `01 and up Intrepids had lower gloss matte finish plastics for example, and the shifter leather (or whatever it is) is softer.

I like adding the little touches to dress up the interior, and since those accessories are available from other Chrysler LH variants, it's fairly easy and cheap to come by. I think eventually I want to do a full leather seating swap with an LHS or 300M...the leather seats are amazingly comfortable in them and much nicer than the ones Intrepids had.

I also want to get some of the techno goodies like automatic climate control, automatic headlights, and maybe the NAV unit, although it's probably a pretty clunky system.

The next thing I want to is get a set of alloys for it. I was thinking the 5 spokes the Intrepids had, and down teh road a set of 18's off of an Avenger.