Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

So, to make my disgust complete

32 posts in this topic

Do you think GM will deprive me of the chance to buy a G8 ST with a manual?

A GXP version?

Somehow I get the feeling that I won't even be able to get one of these as a "going away" present before Pontiac gets the big flush.

Yeah, I'm feeling bitter and have little faith anymore.

If it turns out the way I expect, I guess I'll buy a used automatic ST a year or two after they come out. I just can't deal with spending new car money on an auto trans. vehicle.

I hope this will cheer you up, Mr. Lutz was looking spry and very, very tan!

I'm glad Uncle Bob is in good health, now if he only had more power.

So, anyone want to lay odds on the question?

Buy used G8 ST auto, buy wrecked G8 GXP manual sedan, convert.

Now that's some positive thinking!

Thanks, I needed that.

exactly what I was thinking. You can pretty much always get what you want, you just can't always get it from the dealer...

You know, Holden is selling those gently used small-blocks complete with transmission as part of the W427 project. :AH-HA_wink:

You know, Holden is selling those gently used small-blocks complete with transmission as part of the W427 project. :AH-HA_wink:

:smilewide:

If Pontiac is killed I just might F^%$&^# snap.

I mean like riffle & belltower kind of bad.

If Pontiac is killed I just might F^%$&^# snap.

I mean like riffle & belltower kind of bad.

It will mean much the same for me.

As other's have said, all you need is a little imagination Camino. Even if you you have to buy auto, with your skills you could easily swap it out for a 6-speed out of a wrecked G8 GXP. Then you can still buy a new one, and get what you want. :AH-HA_wink:

Hmm ... the ST will have an LS3-based engine, correct? I believe a junkyard C6 would be willing to sacrifice its six-speed manual transmission for your ST, Camino. There is always that option. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

Even for me, it would be VERY hard to hack up a brand new car - I'm not sure I could stand it.

And the expense would be obscene.

No, if GM wants to sell me a new one, I think they will have to offer the manual. Otherwise, it will be a used one (which I won't feel so bad about converting).

I would give up the GXP option if it meant I could get the manual.

F*#K new cars.... I'm all done.

GM can make seven door sedans for all I care.

Camino: Gas is $4/gall, so even if they do grant you your

wish you'll be buying a "skip-shift delete" kit. :rolleyes:

To hell with new cars, appliances, nothing else.

The skip shift issue isn't new territory for me. :AH-HA_wink:

QUESTION AUTHORITY!

Don't forget to think for yourself. :AH-HA_wink:

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself."

Edited by YellowJacket894

Here's how I see it, not because I want this to happen, but because this is how a company with a defeatist attitude would operate:

We get the G8 GXP and G8 ST as promised. They'll have a short model run and be killed "due to higher gas prices and changes in customer buying tastes"

I dont recall a G8 ST GXP being announced, so they don't have to kill it.

The G8 dies when the Commodore runs its course at Holden

I wish I could be more positive, but the powers that be believe that putting the twin kidney grille on rolling sardine cans is the way to save Pontiac.

What I'd like to see happen:

Holden takes the ball (yet again) and squeezes some more mileage out of the Commodore range by introducing newer, more economical engine choices (turbo DI 4cyls, hybrids, etc)

Demand for the G8 in the US remains relatively high despite the climate of the market, and GM decides to offer the full range of engine and tranny options here, GXP and fuel-misers included

The ST proves poular with former compact truck buyers, and GM considers exploting this and building a family of unibody pickups off Zeta

Camino gets his G8 ST GXP. I get my base engine, manual version to tote my bikesa around

To cope with demand, GM takes the mothalls out of Oshawa and builds GMNA-destined Zetas there. In exchange, Holden is allowed to build the Camaro and said unibody pickups in Elizabeth.

Sales of Zeta vehicles as a whole do well enough for GM to justify the development of a more lightweight successor.

Don't forget to think for yourself. :AH-HA_wink:

"Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself."

Words to live by. :thumbsup:

Yes, because Chargers Magnums, 300C's (especially midgrade and up), Camaros, G8's, Jags, Hardtop Mercedes, the list could go on, are all souless appliances that are by this logic, no better than a Camry....which is blasphemy to even think.

Edited by Dodgefan

Here's how I see it, not because I want this to happen, but because this is how a company with a defeatist attitude would operate:

We get the G8 GXP and G8 ST as promised. They'll have a short model run and be killed "due to higher gas prices and changes in customer buying tastes"

I dont recall a G8 ST GXP being announced, so they don't have to kill it.

The G8 dies when the Commodore runs its course at Holden

I wish I could be more positive, but the powers that be believe that putting the twin kidney grille on rolling sardine cans is the way to save Pontiac.

What I'd like to see happen:

Holden takes the ball (yet again) and squeezes some more mileage out of the Commodore range by introducing newer, more economical engine choices (turbo DI 4cyls, hybrids, etc)

Demand for the G8 in the US remains relatively high despite the climate of the market, and GM decides to offer the full range of engine and tranny options here, GXP and fuel-misers included

The ST proves poular with former compact truck buyers, and GM considers exploting this and building a family of unibody pickups off Zeta

Camino gets his G8 ST GXP. I get my base engine, manual version to tote my bikesa around

To cope with demand, GM takes the mothalls out of Oshawa and builds GMNA-destined Zetas there. In exchange, Holden is allowed to build the Camaro and said unibody pickups in Elizabeth.

Sales of Zeta vehicles as a whole do well enough for GM to justify the development of a more lightweight successor.

I like your recipe.

No official word on either a manual or the GXP package for the ST yet.

Hell, the bums forgot that they were supposed to announce the ST's real name in May!

Still nothing on that. :rolleyes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0