Soaring energy costs are about to change everything

I have a feeling oil's going to recede back sometime after Christmas... It's just a gut feeling I can't explain why I think so.

something like the housing bubble burst...kinda slowly at first? something along those lines? oil... would take something drastic to hit <$50 anytime soon, but it's not impossible i think.

something like the housing bubble burst...kinda slowly at first? something along those lines? oil... would take something drastic to hit <$50 anytime soon, but it's not impossible i think.

I'm not talking <50$ Here... but I think we'll see a gradual slowing of the rise in oil prices this fall and ultimately a gradual decline to about maybe 90-100$/Barrel. I'd hope not 50$ since that means we can't build roads, schools, or hospitals :AH-HA_wink:

I'm not talking <50$ Here... but I think we'll see a gradual slowing of the rise in oil prices this fall and ultimately a gradual decline to about maybe 90-100$/Barrel. I'd hope not 50$ since that means we can't build roads, schools, or hospitals :AH-HA_wink:

Here's to hoping.....

huh?

I work for an oil company, pizza parties are a normal thing we do to keep up moral. The purse strings are very loose right now because we are making money hand over fist. If oil drops it will all change.

Edited by Cremazie

Nothing wrong with making money hand over fist....

Too bad the railroads don't make money hand over fist, they are one of the best ways to ship things without using a lot of fuel.

Chris

More doom and gloom propaganda....

What most of these pieces fail to take into account is that things will change. Innovation will come along and replace oil, economies will collapse and re-adjust demand, etc.

If we EVER get to $250-300/barrel, this planet will die. There will be such desperation that it will be untold war and killing. It's as simple as that, we will NOT sustain those prices.

Do these analysts honestly think that the price of oil will not have an affect on demand? Do they honestly think that other countries aren't suffering along with our economic problems.

It's very sad that oil companies are allowed to make profits 'hand over fist' at the expense of our economy and my standard of living.