Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

A Lesson

5 posts in this topic

So my parts came today and I put the Sierra in the shop, it will be in there for a couple of days. My boss let me drive our parts runner truck home... it's an '03 Ranger, a base model 2.3L 5 speed manual regular cab 2WD in white with gray vinyl split bench seat, a/c, radio... and that's pretty much it. A customer traded it in with very few miles on it, and it's in spotless condition. Driving the little mule made me realize something, once again: driving a slow, basic vehicle can be good therapy. Gone were my need to listen to the exhaust and to look good. It was driving as transportation, in an honest little workhorse. All pretension was stripped away. Do I really need all the little luxuries of my Sierra? I wonder. Edited by ocnblu

Yeah, sometimes it's nice not to have so many things on a car...

With my wife's cavalier, it is simple to drive with less to go wrong. Though It would be nice to have power locks on her 4 door, I really don't miss them, even now with the little one...I guess I am just used to it....

You're starting to worry me. People that just view their car as transport pods usually end up brining home a Camry.

Before you do anything rash, stare at ths page for a few minutes.

z: :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0