MetallicA update "Nine Epics & One Song"

Very positive!

Kerrang <--- A break down of differing elements in the music.

Metal Hammer <--- Has the new MissionMetallicA clips as well as a great description of the songs they heard. LOL, James is rockin' the 'goatfield' about the same length as mine now in the clips.

The Quietus <--- Says a lot of truths about the band but isn't fair about the Load era (I loved the Loads and even St. Anger when taken into context) and BTW, I don't think the Red Hot Chili Peppers (as horrible as they are) ever really needed any help.

On second thought, this review is pretty much pure &#036;h&#33;, claiming that "Load" almost finished MetallicA in 1996. Whatever, LOL, Load was a HUGE success. Just because it wasn't 'pissed off thrash' doesn't mean that it almost killed the band. God FORBID MetallicA throw a few "commercial" tracks on any of their CDs. "In 2008, Hetfield and Ulrich delivering any form of thrash metal is not to be sneered at." LOL, I guess St. Anger wasn't thrash at all, right? After all, it was nothing MORE than riff after riff after riff with growling vocals smeared over top.. Nope, that's not the very definition of thrash at all... Just ask Slayer... Or Megadeth... Or Testament...

Thrash Hits <--- Short but sweet.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

This time around there are no bass players leaving, therapists, and rehabs floating around: all of them seem more stable and that helps a lot. I'm dying to listen to it!

Edited by ZL-1

So far, 2008 has been a great year for new releases. Sebastian Bach, Dokken, and Whitesnake have all been excellent and I'm looking forward to the new Judas Priest album coming out in the next few days, along with the new Motley Crue album later this month. I also heard Iron Maiden has a new album coming. The only album that has disappointed me so far is the new Def Leppard one...I got bored of it after 2 listens.

Metallica's new album, if it is as good as I'm hoping it'll be, will be icing on the cake for 2008 music releases.

i saw something like they had the album available for some people, and then asked them to delete it after a couple days or something. ?????

Q PRIME, their management asked the blogs to take down the reviews because it's so early. MetallicA (they were on tour at the time) found out about it and asked that they be put back up.

That's the official story, at least.

Did anyone watch the live webcast of Metallica's set from The Bonaroo Festival last night?

It was a really good set, they pulled out some old songs.

LOL, I was thinking about going to Bonaroo. But a friend of mine who goes (he's the definition of a hippie) told me that I shouldn't because I would get annoyed, beat the hell out of a hippie and 'ruin the vibe.'

LOL. I'd like to see the webcast though.