What we need now is.....

What we need now is one of these. Why it didn't go into production, I have no idea. It should have.

Recently, at a open house at the GM Heritage Center, this little puppy showed up, fresh from a rebuild.

Twin cam Cosworth engine, much like an early ecotech. 5 speed, bad ass look I think...cowl hood.

F- body styling, some crappy vega parts, but sort of an early kind of Solstice/Sky feel to it...pics don't do it justice!

This design was a result of the energy CrIsiS in the 70s, but the style of this unit speaks to me.

Needs cool wheels and tires but otherwise excellent! I would imagine some amazing mpg with such a wedge

to cut thru the air. I feel like building my own after looking it over closely. Other XP's that have been rebuilt

recently include the Corvair Super Spyder, XP-8 Le Sabre, and Astro III, the three wheeled, turbine-powered Vette of Dooom.

First time I've actually seen XP-898 in person, and I am really diggin on it's lines. I want a hydrogen fuel cell powered one.

How about a 1.3l 3cyl turbo that gets 40mpg ummmm ok.

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

Really has a 4th-gen F-Body feel to it in that 1st pic (duh!). Can anyone look at the rear and NOT think 'Vega taillights'? :D

I do see a real point to having a retro design with an alternate powertrain... not sure what that point is but I like it.

Maybe it was all the alternate proposals from that era ('50-60s). I'd still rather have a Solstice, tho.

Great to see GM maintaining their Heritage collection. Thanks for the update, MM!

Sweet!

Heh...I see Camaro (side view), Corvette (nose), Vega (taillights) and Cavalier (old school...dashboard...though, I'm not exactly sure why) in it.....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"A concrete fascination scraping the edge of nothing" ... White Zombie ... 'Black Sunshine'