Please help!

ocnblu

I am starting to nitpick my truck, which usually means another new vehicle purchase is only a few months away. It won't be 2 years old until January 23rd and it has 27k miles.

In heavy rains, it leaks. The headliner gets wet at the top of the driver's A-pillar. Also, it suddenly has a bunch of rattles in the doors and underneath. And I fear I am hearing the wear indicator on the front brake pads already. It's going in on Tuesday for a free promotional oil change and a brake inspection.

I don't want to sound petty, I mean the truck runs fine, and starts with barely a flick of the key. It does have a couple very minor scuffs from people carelessly opening their doors into it, but otherwise it looks great.

Do I need help? Is there a vehicle therapist in the house? How can I escape this itch to sign an installment contract?
Edited by ocnblu

I sure hope you lease Blu. Also RazorEdge...something tells me nothing in your post about the dealership not wanting to see you is a lie.....That has to be the correct information right there!

The leak I'd venture to guess is coming from the top of the windshield or (if you have one) the sunroof. To find out where it's coming from, hit the truck with a hose along the various seals/openings. I'd fix that ASAP, before you start getting that mildew smell inside. The rattles may take some time to find out where they're coming from. For the doors, it could be that the inner components need to be tightened up and have loc-tite applied to them. As for the brakes....do you do exclusively city (stop and go) driving with it. On my truck I had a set of pads go at 18K during city driving. If that's the case, 27K isn't all that bad. Of course, you are under warranty, so I'd definitely have your dealer (or any Chevy dealer) look at the truck and fix whatever's wrong. Most of that is expensive and time consuming to fix yourself.

Yes, I will definitely have them fix the water leak under warranty. The rattles are another story... no dealership tech likes to spend all day driving a customer's vehicle trying to track down noises, I won't be "that customer" anymore after my ION debacle.

One thing, pickup truck owners: the spare tire is fully inflated under your truck when new, but, like any tire, could lose air over time, esp with the change of seasons. This could cause it to loosen up on the hoist and bump against the underbody, causing an annoying sound. Check and inflate your spare properly to be sure.

See if you can replicate the sound if you open the door and jiggle it (the door) wildly, side to side and up and down. If you can make their lives easier, it's all the more likely that they can fix the truck.

Well, my brakes were checked today. They're fine, maybe there was a stone or something caught in a caliper. They have 80% wear left.

I can't think of any other vehicle right now I'd really rather have. So... it's staying put for the time being. When's those GMT 900 pickups coming?
:AH-HA_wink:

never deal with rattles from the dealer. They fix the rattle but also make a new one fromfixing that one, There will always be rattles. sometimes brakes squeak for no apparent reason. my truck squeaks only if its between 40º-45ºF degrees outside.