Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Green 1997/1998 Toyota Camry

I just spent 4 miles and about 4 minutes behind

a Toyopet Camry that was blocking the passing

lane in a 65mph zone, driving about 65/70 and

refusing to yield after several motorists flashed

their lights, honked horns & even flipped him off.

This stretch of highway is usually flowing at

about 85mph this time of day, same traffic flow,

and all else being the same.

Freightliners carrying gasoline tankers & Mack

trucks hauling bulldozers were whizzing by him

in the center lane while a line of about a dozen

cars is behind this inconsiderate prick.

Outrageous.

That description reminds of the drive on I-25 from Colorado Springs to the south Denver metro area through Castle Rock.... when the weather is clear, it's usually 2 lanes in each direction (widening to 3) at a steady 85 mph or more during rush hour---SUVs, Camrys, BMWs,pickups, semis, etc...people doing the 60 mile commute north...then it repeats in the afternoon in the opposite direction. Lots of tailgating and drafting. The posted speed limit is 75 (65 within metro parts) but the traffic is usually 10 mph over in clear weather....with a 7500 ft pass in there, wierd weather stuff can happen from Oct-Apr. I don't miss that commute (did it back in '02 for 4 months, when gas prices were alot cheaper).

Edited by moltar

People don't know how to drive and don't care about other drivers...with the number of Toyotas on the road, your chance of having an asshole in a Toyota is just that much greater.

Chris

I used to ride to work with a co worker who had been raised in a rather poor urban neighborhod and whose brother had been shot to death a few months before. Needless to say, he had a few "anger" issues.

He used to keep rolled up change in his car, and would give someone like this a load of pennies out the window. That can do a lot of damage fast to someones car.

I stopped riding with him when he almost got out and beat someones ass when traffic got held up.

Chris

I used to ride to work with a co worker who had been raised in a rather poor urban neighborhod and whose brother had been shot to death a few months before. Needless to say, he had a few "anger" issues.

He used to keep rolled up change in his car, and would give someone like this a load of pennies out the window. That can do a lot of damage fast to someones car.

I stopped riding with him when he almost got out and beat someones ass when traffic got held up.

Chris

Sadly,I've seen that happen......

It's the PASSING lane... if cars are flying past you in the MIDDLE

lane, incl. tractor trailers, then you need to get the F*** out of

the passing lane (or "fast lane" laymen's terms).

PERIOD.

There's nothing accomplished by trying to hogg the passing lane

except road rage, MORE speeding & angry motorists who are now,

as a result of (the green Camry, or whoever) will end up putting

temselves into a MORE dangerous situation.

I do not tailgate, used to 9, 10 years ago... but you live & LEARN.

66S:

I have to disagree with you, as we've stated before in previous

threads, the Toyota drivers PER CAPITA! are the crapiest around!

Lots & lots of Camrys

+

very high percentage of poor drivers in them

= Dangerous/Clueless/Awkward/Painfully Idiotic driving situations

involving a Toyota at fault: 60-70% from my experince.

-----

Oh, & at about 6pm last night I saw a Rav4 trying to make a 3-point turn

but fuc*ing it up like a dog trying to type on a blackberry...

best part: it was on an OFF-RAMP to 495!

I got cut off by a Camry on the way to work and I'm blaming you, 68...(peg the sarcam meeter)...without this thread I never would have noticed all of the crappy Toyota Drivers.

Seriously, that dude blacking the fast lane must get double negative on the IQ scale because he is driving a Camry and from mAssachusetts.

Chris

:cheers: Here-here!