2 hours of sleep + 4 hours of driving + 8 hours of activity between driving = WIN

So Thursday we had a family trip which involved taking the Grand Marquis and the Intrepid 2 hours from Lawrence, through Boston, to UMass Dartmouth to move my brother into his dorm, as he starts college Tuesday. The plan was to get at least 6 hours of sleep, but instead we spent it watching Batman Begins and packing. We went to sleep at about 2:30am and woke up at 4:30am to be there by 7:30am.

We somehow did this, I in the GM and my girlfriend in the Intrepid. Then when we got there we had to wait an hour in a line of cars for our turn to unload, then move it to his dorm and help hims set it up. Then we had to do extra shopping for things he forgot/needed. There was also a lunch break and finally helping him finish setting up. By about 3:30 we were exhausted but finished and embarked on the trip home..through Boston...during rush hour. I was in the Intrepid this time and her in the GM. Somehow we made it...and promptly went to sleep for about 14 hours.

So who else has made a mini road trip or had a very long day with almost no sleep?

i have been up since 5 am on the 26th till now and have to make really important decisions with out even thinking of all possible outcomes just act and respond how do you think i feel?

anyway BMB is a very good movie! but yeah it sucks sometimes.

Well, there was no trip involved but the longest amount of time I ever stayed awake was back when I was finishing up graduate school. I stayed up for 3 days to finish up a huge programming project. When I finally went to sleep, I slept for two and a half days. My roommate thought I had died. I was messed up for weeks after that so I don't deprive myself of sleep anymore.

I did this road trip a couple of years ago

Woke up 6:45am on a Friday went to work. Right about 10:45pm a friend of mine shows up and she says that I need to go with her to pick up another friend. So we leave right there and go from Fredericksburg down to Wytheville VA(right on the border with TN) and back here at home at 1:30pm Saturday afternoon. I was asleep from 1:45pm on Saturday untill 9:30am Sunday morning.

So who else has made a mini road trip or had a very long day with almost no sleep?

Done both actually.

I LOVE mini road trips...especially if most of the time is spent driving.

As for almost no sleep...well, sometimes during the week when I'm visiting the boards regularly, I get VERY little sleep :(.