Do they...

gm4life

I have long wondered on C&G we share alot of our GM car buying pleasures or lack there-of in some case. We also share are like or dis-like with what products they are coming out with and what they could be doing better. My question is ultimately anyone can get on this forum and read this stuff are GM exces reading our posts? Listening to our comments? Or advice? I just always wondered that I understand were "just" customers but GM would be wise to listen to most of the folks around here some more... So anyone have a clue? A mod or regular poster?

I was 'outed' by our zone manager about a year ago. He pointedly addressed me as 'carbiz' when we were being introduced for the first time. Oops. They must have gone to considerable lengths to figure out who I was because I had never revealed which dealership I was at (there were over 40 GM stores at the time in the greater area) and I had been careful not to post my pics, etc.

Well, now I don't care. If I've been overly critical of the dealership system, promotion, pricing, etc.: tough. I think they do listen, however, it's just that there are so many challenges for them to deal with and those targets keep moving.

I was 'outed' by our zone manager about a year ago. He pointedly addressed me as 'carbiz' when we were being introduced for the first time. Oops. They must have gone to considerable lengths to figure out who I was because I had never revealed which dealership I was at (there were over 40 GM stores at the time in the greater area) and I had been careful not to post my pics, etc.

Well, now I don't care. If I've been overly critical of the dealership system, promotion, pricing, etc.: tough. I think they do listen, however, it's just that there are so many challenges for them to deal with and those targets keep moving.

Did they yell at you?

Did you post from your dealership, if you did, it's easy enough to figure that out.

I think the best example of GM making a change based on comments (though unproven) was the 2003 Pontiac Sunfire.

When images from its debut hit C&G, everyone hated the amber turn signals in the grille.

03sunfire1.jpg

sunfirecoupe3.jpg

GM quickly wised up, and made them clear for production.

front-road_0.jpg

Did you post from your dealership, if you did, it's easy enough to figure that out.

No, it was based on remarks I had made about 2003 Monte Carlos we still had on ground (3 years later). They did an inventory search and that was the final 'piece.'

I know I was a little 'creeped out' at first, but nothing I post here is untrue. To paraphrase FOG, I may be 'over opinionated,'

but I am pro-GM all the way. Nobody is affected more by their bone-headed decisions than the front liners like us. A lot of the 'lifers' at Oshawa and Detroit may get bounced around, but they still make their $80k a year and get their fancy demos every 4 months with company gas card.

I know I have cut down on my personal chatter a lot since I was 'outed.' :AH-HA_wink: