Detroit's Nightmare is finally over

Chris_Doane

Kwame has finally resigned:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Mayor: 'I lied under oath'

He'll resign, serve 120 days in jail, pay $1M restitution

UPDATED AT 10:45 A.M. -- Kilpatrick will plead guilty to two obstruction of justice counts and six other charges will be dismissed. He will go on 5 years reporting probation, serving the first 120 days in the Wayne County Jail. He must also leave office within two weeks. He has agreed to pay $1 million in restitution, paying $20,000 at the date of sentencing and the rest over the next five years.

Oh... I thought this was about "Detroit" as in the Automotive Domestic Three. :mellow:

This guy seems like a real scumbag, typical politician.

I wouldn't count Kilpatrick out just yet, he may rise like a Phoenix from the political ashes. Just like Mayor Marion Barry did in Washington, D.C..

And that's exactly what I have heard from several Detroiters today. He's already being compared to Marion Barry and he hasn't done 1 day in jail. Wait....scratch that he did. My cousin actually booked him when he did a night in jail a few weeks ago.

The point I'm trying to make is........Kwames not done, not by a long shot.

IDK...

Barry was only convicted on a single misdemeanor charge of cocaine posession prior to 'rising from the ashes'. {Entire legal procedures were a farce.} He's a scumbag.

Kilpatrick pleaded guilty to 2 felony obstruction of justice charges (there were 8 originally), plus a 3rd felony charge of assault on a police officer- the latter which sourced his forced resignation (in other words, it was not his choice to resign. This is commonly called 'getting canned'). {Whole judicial case was -again- a farce.} He's another scumbag.

And that's exactly what I have heard from several Detroiters today. He's already being compared to Marion Barry and he hasn't done 1 day in jail. Wait....scratch that he did. My cousin actually booked him when he did a night in jail a few weeks ago.

The point I'm trying to make is........Kwames not done, not by a long shot.

Getting the chance to meet him, he is a smart man. Though he has one hell of an ego....which with many things, became his downfall....