Register to vote

Satty

I'm going to take off my Partisan Hat for a moment and encourage C&Gers that haven't already to register to vote. Deadlines are approaching for the November election, I encourage everyone to visit the Election Assistance Commission's website to see when your deadline is and to download the National Mail Voter Registration Form (.pdf) because if you dont vote, you cant bitch.

The one and only reason I wish I never did register to vote... JURY DUTY SUMMONS!

you can get out of that. the month i graduated i was summoned for grand jury duty which meant 3 days out of the month i had to truck it 45 min one way and listen to boring crap... and find my own parking. they would "pay" you for your time but it was a 3rd of my pay. just filled out a form saying it was detrimental to my place of occupation and they wouldnt be able to function without me... end of story. besides dont some states use your drivers license too?

Personally, I think it is part of civic duty to serve on a jury. I have never done anything intentional to get out of Jury duty.

PA has motor voter laws. When you get your driver's license they, by default, register you to vote unless you opt out. When you move inside the state, they automatically update your voter registration.

Personally, I think it is part of civic duty to serve on a jury. I have never done anything intentional to get out of Jury duty.

had it been for one case i would have done it but since it was grand jury i would have had to do it 3 days a month for a whole year. ef that :lol:

Edited by cletus8269

Speaking of registering to vote. Indiana had 500K new voters register to vote so far for the November election.

I saw earlier that North Carolina has had a ton of new voters register. I was in the park reading a few weeks ago and there were hot girls registering people to vote.