Obama TV?

Channel 74 on Dish Network is entirely devoted to one person and one person alone: Barrack Obama. And it's nothing but prepaid ad after ad after ad after ad endorsing his campaign, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until the election is over (or until the end of his first term maybe?).

Now I want to be perfectly clear that I am not for either candidate in the 2008 election and I have my reasons. (However, I am still voting, nothing will defer me from it.) But I do think that perhaps it is only just and fair that if you're going to let one political party and it's candidate for president have their own channel airing nothing but annoying, cliched propaganda in a never ending loop, you should at least offer the opposing team a chance to do the same.

If there is one thing that I grow tired of, it's bias in the media and those who carry the media, especially when it comes to politics.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Channel 74 on Dish Network is entirely devoted to one person and one person alone: Barrack Obama. And it's nothing but prepaid ad after ad after ad after ad endorsing his campaign, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until the election is over (or until the end of his first term maybe?).

Now I want to be perfectly clear that I am not for either candidate in the 2008 election and I have my reasons. (However, I am still voting, nothing will defer me from it.) But I do think that perhaps it is only just and fair that if you're going to let one political party and it's candidate for president have their own channel airing nothing but annoying, cliched propaganda in a never ending loop, you should at least offer the opposing team a chance to do the same.

If there is one thing that I grow tired of, it's bias in the media and those who carry the media, especially when it comes to politics.

Um...it's pretty simple. The campaign has paid to have that channel as an advertising outlet. It has nothing to do with equal access or Dish Network endorsing anyone. McCain could easily do the same thing.

Well, if there was a McCain station, it would probably talk about Obama the entire time. :scratchchin:

I don't understand the idea of it though. Nobody will listen to these stations, and especially not the people who aren't already sided. (Preaching to the choir.)

Edited by siegen

So basically you just like old white guys??? how establishment!

:scratchchin: Maybe you have something there :P

I admire the elder statesman... I don't like Barack Obama because in one on ones he sounds arrogant, egomaniacal and prickish, and in some cases hypocritical and phony. I don't think he has good judgment either. I don't think that his healthcare plan will work (although I'm 100% for Universal Healthcare) because of the powerful position the Insurance Companies. Hillary's plan was more achievable. I mean I can understand why people wanna vote for him because his message appeals to a lot of people and if they believe in him than they should vote for him, that's what democracy's about but I just don't see it.

I don't like Palin because she's just a flat out idiot. No notion of Domestic and Foreign Policy beyond her far right positions on Abortion, Birth Control, Evolution, Same Sex marriage, the whole lot really. That's why she tries to bring everything back to Russia when she's dealing with FP because that's like the only thing she can talk about. She's also really annoying, sounds like she's right out of the movie Fargo. I have my reasons, but my opinion in the end means nothing since I can't vote in your elections so It's nothing worth fighting about...

That being said I started this season out supporting John McCain but I don't like how negative he's gone... I'd be hard pressed to vote for either candidate right now (I could have supported Hillary, Biden, Guliani, etc...), I'd probably vote Libertarian if I could right now actually.

The US 2-Party System wouldn't allow for someone to represent my mainly centrist (A fair bit left on Social Issues, a fair bit right on Economic Matters) views. In the US the way you have it rigged you don't fit in either party if you aren't liberal on all issues or conservative on all issues, that I don't like. In Canada we have a couple parties that hug the center from the left and right and one a bit further left.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider