G8 GXP Sighting!!!!

So when I was leaving work today I saw a sliver G8 in our parking lot and thought no big deal but as I was driving by it I noticed the large chrome rims. So I stopped my car to get a better look because I had a hunch and I was right, i'll let the pics speak for themselves (pardon the cell phone quality).

post-3730-1223432485_thumb.jpg

post-3730-1223432495_thumb.jpg

Wow I didn't realize this was such a big find. I'm a cook for Cheeseburger In Paradise and I was leaving the employee of the month dinner when I spotted it, there where more than a few guys at our bar that looked like GM white collar workers maybe it was one of theirs. I didnt want to be standing in our parking lot taking pictures at the start of the dinner rush but I can tell you that the car did have a 6-speed.

And thanks for welcoming me i'v been a member for a while but I just use the site for news and dont post alot, maybe I should change that...

Wow I didn't realize this was such a big find. I'm a cook for Cheeseburger In Paradise and I was leaving the employee of the month dinner when I spotted it, there where more than a few guys at our bar that looked like GM white collar workers maybe it was one of theirs. I didnt want to be standing in our parking lot taking pictures at the start of the dinner rush but I can tell you that the car did have a 6-speed.

And thanks for welcoming me i'v been a member for a while but I just use the site for news and dont post alot, maybe I should change that...

Absolutely!

You are now famous. 8)

That's HAWT!!! :lovey:

BTW: Camino, what was the final conclusion on the high-fender-to-A-pillar section

on modern cars? You said you had a sound theory, you know, as to why the top of

the rear section of the fender is migrating onto the A-pillar?

That's HAWT!!! :lovey:

BTW: Camino, what was the final conclusion on the high-fender-to-A-pillar section

on modern cars? You said you had a sound theory, you know, as to why the top of

the rear section of the fender is migrating onto the A-pillar?

Wow!

That discussion was a long time ago.

The theories varied, as I recall, form just pure styling trend to crash force disapation.

My theory was that in a frontal crash, it would force the fenders outward or upward so that they couldn't jamb the doors shut.

I still don't care for the look very much. A cutline on an A pillar just looks awkward to me.

Agreed.

I think it's a bit awkward too.... but much less so than a B-pillar on a Camaro or CTS-coupe.