For Those Trekkies Among Us........

The O.C.

If you go to Wikipedia and search on "Star Trek (movie)" and scroll down, you'll see a picture of the new Enterprise bridge with Kirk (Chris Pine.....oooooo so f@#king hot) and McCoy......

I have to say.....the new bridge is SO cool, it's incredible....! Somehow, they were able to design a bridge that looks futuristic compared to today's times.....yet captures the "cheesy" spirit of the original (and I say "cheesy" in a good way.)

Think "Enterprise" meets "Apple's IPod" and you'll get an idea of what it looks like.

AND, Pine's "slouch" in the captain's chair seems PURE William Shatner.....

You straight boys can let us all know what you think of the Yeoman's skirt.....

I can't wait for 050809 (one day before my birthday....!)

Oldsmoboi....whaddya think?

I wonder if the Roddenberry franchise will update itself with some hint as to the sexual mores of the 23rd century?

DOUBT IT!!

BSG (addicted) at least showed that showers/locker rooms will be co-ed in the future, and they even had Five being the lesbian lover to the Admiral of the Pegasus (shocker!). Babylon 5 even had an episode where two of the characters posed as a gay married couple as they joined the Martian underground. But not so the Enterprise franchises! <_<

......not.....?

Why?

It's too... I dunno... out there. Too Apple store. Too bright.

The Enterprise of this era was a purpose built ship. Battleship gray should have prevailed. More 1996 Chevy Caprice interior rather than 2010 Chevy Volt interior. It wasn't until late in the Enterprise-A's life that they started to put some style into it ultimately culminating with the Enterprise-D's luxury liner bridge.

• 4 weeks later...

......sweet trailer......and there's also a released picture of the new (old?) Enterprise......and I think it looks SWEET! Very 23rd century.....yet also clearly a predecessor to the other Enterprises we are all familiar with.....

I'm always amused at all the blogging going on about how the Enterprise has changed "too much" or the interior (sorry Oldsmoboi) is too "apple-ish" and stuff.......

Frankly, I don't know how you can do a modern-day movie 40 years after the original and not update the look and feel.......I like what Eick and Moore did with modernising Battlestar Galactica.....and so far, I think I like what I've seen from JJ on Star Trek.....

... aw, c'mon - I miss those sliding controls and the knobs on the control consols! Not to mention the mini-skirts the female crew wore! :lol: Who's to say that the 23rd Century won't go 'retro' for the look?

Cool trailer, though. I saw it on Heroes the other night.

... aw, c'mon - I miss those sliding controls and the knobs on the control consols! Not to mention the mini-skirts the female crew wore! :lol: Who's to say that the 23rd Century won't go 'retro' for the look?

Cool trailer, though. I saw it on Heroes the other night.

They have the miniskirts in the new movie!

(But I'll be more distracted staring at Chris Pine....)

They might have sliding controls and knobs still......but I'm totally digging the "Apple Store" look of it all.....

They have the miniskirts in the new movie!

(But I'll be more distracted staring at Chris Pine....)

They might have sliding controls and knobs still......but I'm totally digging the "Apple Store" look of it all.....

Click here and you'll see an official Paramount picture showing the "retro" look of the costumes and the miniskirts used!

......sweet trailer......and there's also a released picture of the new (old?) Enterprise......and I think it looks SWEET! Very 23rd century.....yet also clearly a predecessor to the other Enterprises we are all familiar with.....

I'm always amused at all the blogging going on about how the Enterprise has changed "too much" or the interior (sorry Oldsmoboi) is too "apple-ish" and stuff.......

Frankly, I don't know how you can do a modern-day movie 40 years after the original and not update the look and feel.......I like what Eick and Moore did with modernising Battlestar Galactica.....and so far, I think I like what I've seen from JJ on Star Trek.....

The Enterprise was built for the defense of Earth and the sister planets of the Federation. I fully expected the ship and bridge to change from the original, however, it is still a military vessel.

The Enterprise was built for the defense of Earth and the sister planets of the Federation. I fully expected the ship and bridge to change from the original, however, it is still a military vessel.

While defense is most likely a necessary evil.....my understanding has always been that the Enterprise was built primarily for exploration....in fact, that was the guiding principle for Starfleet in general......

While defense is most likely a necessary evil.....my understanding has always been that the Enterprise was built primarily for exploration....in fact, that was the guiding principle for Starfleet in general......

... if you follow the story line of the series Enterprise, the original voyages that left our solar system weren't even equipped with any serious weaponry. In one of the early episodes of that series, they had to fashion some 'phase cannons' for defense while on a voyage. Fairly naive, I thought. Humans had already met the Vulcans and knew of other races before we ventured beyond our solar system, so not having some form of weaponry was pretty dumb.

Unless you follow the story lines of Larry Niven in the Man-Kzin Wars, where humanity lost the ability to fight war and only won the first battle with the warrior-like Kzinti because the first ships were lasar powered and a turning ship (fleeing the first battle) inadvertantly roasted the Kzinti battlecruiser with its engines!

I'd like to believe that the Universe is populated with peace-loving beings, but we just don't know, do we?

... if you follow the story line of the series Enterprise, the original voyages that left our solar system weren't even equipped with any serious weaponry. In one of the early episodes of that series, they had to fashion some 'phase cannons' for defense while on a voyage. Fairly naive, I thought. Humans had already met the Vulcans and knew of other races before we ventured beyond our solar system, so not having some form of weaponry was pretty dumb.

Well, my understanding is that they were going to install the phase cannons (predecessor to the phaser banks) but ran out of time because they had to leave spacedock early to return that Klingon home.

But what was with those cheesy torpedoes in the first couple of seasons that couldn't knock a fly off the wall?

"Enterprise" got much better once they installed "photonic" torpedoes in Enterprise......