Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigPontiac

YARD FIND: 1954 Hardtop Corvette

6 posts in this topic

That thing needs to stay unrestored and preserved. Wow! Thanks!

Seeing that made my day.

Chris

That's the coolest thing I've seen in a long long time in terms of great finds. Clean it up, make it safe, and drive it. DO NOT restore it. Call up Bloomington Gold and have them photograph every single square inch of it.

To be accurate- that's a detachable hardtop. Altho, to be further accurate, it's not a hardtop at all; it's a coupe.

A factory 'hardtop' for the 1st gen Corvette is NOT ringing any bells for me, I don't recall ever seeing one before. Beyond the top, the story is obviously the fantastic surviing condition of the car.

Major cool that 'time capsule' stuff like this is still being 'found'.

Very cool that finds like this still happen. That said, I have no great love for '53 or'54 Vettes (heresy, I know), so I would follow the path of maximum return on this car. I suspect that path would be to sell the car at auction in its current survivor condition.

Clean it up, make it safe, and drive it. DO NOT restore it. Call up Bloomington Gold and have them photograph every single square inch of it.

It's kinda like that Plymouth in Tulsa OK ... only this one SURVIVED ... and is way cooler ;). he he

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0