Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

SEMA 2008: Cadillac-Powered VRS

12 posts in this topic

As you can tell from our furious posting frequency, there's a lot of stuff at SEMA. Often, you encounter some well-publicized car and your reaction is "Oh... harumph." And then there are the sadly infrequent times when you make your way to the back of a ginormous hall and turn the corner to find a tiny booth holding one of those "Oh... wow..." treasures. That's what happened when we dropped by the Helios Coatings booth and discovered the Cadillac-powered VRS (V Sport Rod).

Probably everything on this car except the fuel filler cap is custom or has been customized. A how-low-can-you-go custom-designed fiberglass body wraps itself around a 6.0-liter, 400 hp Cadillac engine. The engine cover runs from that hot-rod nose all the way to the bulkhead and then continues in one sweep to form the center console. The console works much like your phone, going dark when not in use and lighting up again when you touch it. And yes, that's an iPhone slotted in there. And at the corners are 20-inchers up front and 22-inchers out back suspended by aircraft strut suspension arms and wearing six-pot calipers front and rear. It is certifiably "Oh... wow..." But don't take our word for it -- check out the full specs, or get straight to the gallery of high-res images below.

Autoblog

03_hel_cad_vrs.jpg

05_hel_cad_vrs.jpg

06_hel_cad_vrs.jpg

25_hel_cad_vrs.jpg

Woah...it is everything the Prowler wished it could've been.

i agree.

even though the prowler is still cool..... you'd just pick this one instantly over the prowler side by side.

I love that thing.

It's a veritable menace to mediocrity!

Www.. wwwwooooowwww.

Outstanding.

Hi, I'm a little late to the party!

That is one helluva concept! Now when GM has the cash again soon, they should offer this as a production car based off the Kappa platform. Of course to justify it the cost would be prohibitive to the average Joe, but I'd love to see these cruising around on the streets.

That's one awesome car. Let's hope it gets shown around at different places so maybe one of us C&Gers can see it in person and share with the rest of us.

EDIT: Here's a short cool video on this Caddy... shows how the hood and doors open, engine under the hood, dash layout... http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Helios-...llac_197074.htm

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0