Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satty

1951 Hudson Hornet

10 posts in this topic

I would step over my own mother for that car at $1500 if it existed in my neck of the woods. You need to buy that immediately.

Trust me, if I had the spare cash, I would. Alas, money is tied up in other things, though I do have a place I could store such a car. Maybe I can hunt down more people who still owe me money.....

Looks like a giant frog sitting there under that tree. It's extremely cool. I would do the minimum to make it roadworthy, and leave the patina intact. Stellar find, sir!

I'm a 2-dr guy, so I wouldn't touch it. Word of warning -- "Few" is the operative word; these are over-engineered unibodies, so structural rot repair can extremely involved.

A '51 Pacemaker Brougham 2-dr was very nearly my first car, and a buddy owns an unrestored '48 2-dr. I would love to own a Club Coupe one day...

Looks like a giant frog sitting there under that tree. It's extremely cool. I would do the minimum to make it roadworthy, and leave the patina intact. Stellar find, sir!

I was thinking it would look great in that weird periwinkle color every other E46 BMW ('98-04 3-Series for non-douchebags) seems to be afflicted with. Maybe with some bright yellow flames and red racing stripes. :scratchchin:

That's a step down from your usual jokes, Satty.:smilewide:

That's a step down from your usual jokes, Satty.:smilewide:

*Ba-dum-cha*

Since our financial agreement is to make non-essential purchases (though apparently two weeks in Florida is essential :rolleyes: ) cash-neutral it would be difficult for me to buy this without giving something up. I've got some money saved up to get a new computer, if I dipped into that, I'd still be short, and that isn't taking into consideration the money I'd have to put into making it roadworthy. If its been sitting outside for 2-3 years, its been through countless snowstorms, thunderstorms (we get a lot of hail for some reason) and two major ice storms. Who knows what it looks like inside or underneath. The free storage space available to me will be gone next May when my friend gets re-married and the extra spot is taken up by a Blazer.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0