Anyone else see Pelosi's news conference?

Could be.

But she reminds me of Reagan in his later years, the confusion on her face is plain. Also, she has to be the most nervous politician I have ever seen. She practically bolted from the room at the first hint that she might be able to.

I found it to be less than confidence inspiring.

I don't want to have this turn political, that's not my intent. Just to be up front I don't much care for her politics, but that has nothing to do with my concerns.

I have seen this instability in her in the last three or four news conferences I have watched. It makes me wonder if she is ill.

It almost seems like she is under some kind of duress during the event - it's very odd.

I saw it and she did have the "oh sh*t look" that lady is a goon why the dems picked her when they had people much more skilled is beyond me. On a side note I am scared of her, and what she can do. :mind-blowing: Reed was a much better choice.

Edited by gm4life

I don't want to have this turn political, that's not my intent. Just to be up front I don't much care for her politics, but that has nothing to do with my concerns.

I have seen this instability in her in the last three or four news conferences I have watched. It makes me wonder if she is ill.

It almost seems like she is under some kind of duress during the event - it's very odd.

Given the state of our nation, all 435 memebers of the house should be under a state of duress-things are going to get very ugly in 2009.

Chris

Could be.

But she reminds me of Reagan in his later years, the confusion on her face is plain. Also, she has to be the most nervous politician I have ever seen. She practically bolted from the room at the first hint that she might be able to.

I found it to be less than confidence inspiring.

I was scared with the same thing with Reagan. Again, not to make this political-there are a lot of very good elected republicans-but I wonder if he ever really recovered from the Hinkley shooting...

Chris

Why is this in "GM News?" So far I see no mention of GM News.

Sorry, it was her press conference reacting to the Big 3 plans. She didn't say much, but her bearing caught my attention.

Basically she said, we have the plans and I haven't read them yet and they need to show us viability.

It's fair for them to show viability, they are asking for 25 billion or so...chump change compared to the finance companies, but still 25 billion is 25 billion.

On a personal note I really don't envy any of our leaders.

Chris

I have a suggestion, and since it's occurring in this thread, I'll say it here:

For the following cases:

1. Political violations, where:

a) Members disregard mod requests for nonpartisanship, or

b) Begin attacking, or

2. Non-political threads in which (a) member(s) choose to make political

Instead of just locking the thread, how about the mods delete/modify the offending post and warn the member? It isn't too hard to keep things apolitical or refrain from making non-political discussions political, so instead of "punishing" the thread starter and rule-abiding participants, why not go after the problem? Because the board gets cluttered with "Since my last thread was locked, I'm continuing the discussion here, DON'T MAKE IT POLITICAL" threads.

My $.02

Edited by Croc