Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Some of the ideas from the hearing yesterday

- Force GM and Chrysler to merge if they want the money

- Force the bailed-out banks to finance the industry loans

- Use the TARP money to make the loan

- Have the FED make the loan

- Allow the already appropriated "green tech" money to be used for other purposes

- A govt.-backed bankruptcy (non-starter)

- do nothing (unlikely, but this is congress)

I like the idea of forcing the banks to issue the loan, that would essentially redistribute the already distributed TARP money. The green tech money shoud be left alone to do what it was meant to do. If the 111th Congress were sworn in December 3rd instead of January 3rd, and the new president were to be sworn in December 20th instead of January 20th, the automakers would have a better shot at a cash infusion, since Pelosi, Reid and Obama favor an automaker bailout. Even a quickie loan to get them through a month or two while a larger package contingent on corporate and union overhauls is worked out would work.

I m guessing Fed or TARP money, probably TARP. It seems that the big banks already appropriated the money they got, and the smaller banks can't make a loan this big. I'd rather not see the Fed make the loan, they are over extended as it is, and the treasury just printing more money isn't helping our economy.

I vote for the bank option, too. When I read about the total incompetence/corruption over at CITI and what they have done the past few years, it makes my blood boil.

Let them swallow this poison pill. After all, it is their f'ing fault we are all circling the toilet.

I like the idea of forcing the banks to issue the loan, that would essentially redistribute the already distributed TARP money. The green tech money shoud be left alone to do what it was meant to do. If the 111th Congress were sworn in December 3rd instead of January 3rd, and the new president were to be sworn in December 20th instead of January 20th, the automakers would have a better shot at a cash infusion, since Pelosi, Reid and Obama favor an automaker bailout. Even a quickie loan to get them through a month or two while a larger package contingent on corporate and union overhauls is worked out would work.

Congrats...I already like youir posts...but I think this is one of the smartest things you've said on Cheers and Gears.

Seriously.

And I agree 100%

Chris/66

I vote for the bank option, too. When I read about the total incompetence/corruption over at CITI and what they have done the past few years, it makes my blood boil.

Let them swallow this poison pill. After all, it is their f'ing fault we are all circling the toilet.

Agree with you here...my blood is just boiling right now. And not to turn this into a poltics thread, but people in VERY high offices seem really indiferent to-don't give a rats ass about-the automakers...

My blood is boiling right alongside of yours, Biz.

Agree with you here...my blood is just boiling right now. And not to turn this into a poltics thread, but people in VERY high offices seem really indiferent to-don't give a rats ass about-the automakers...

My blood is boiling right alongside of yours, Biz.

If those people in high places you mentioned include our congress critters, then filling out this petion thing may have some small effect on them.

http://www.unionvoice.org/ct/Lp1KVap1Nu-R/