Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cire

2009 NAIAS: Audi Sportback Concept Previews A7

8 posts in this topic

I'm not a big Audi fan and this concept hasn't really changed my mind. It looks nice enough, but I just don't find it to be very impressive. If this is Audi's entry in the "4-door coupe" category, then I think I would rather go with the Passat CC instead.

Link: Visit My Website

Source: Autoblog

looks nice, but the sides in the first big pic look very slabbish. ...front's aggressive, then goes blah.

the engine/tranny combo sounds awesome.

This is a bit longer, but heightwise has the same body/greenhouse proportions as the '10 LaCrosse.

Can we call the LaX a "4-door coupe", too ?

This is a bit longer, but heightwise has the same body/greenhouse proportions as the '10 LaCrosse.

Can we call the LaX a "4-door coupe", too ?

Huh? I don't see any proportional similarities...the LaX is thicker vertically in the midsection..this car is sleeker..

I love the wheels and the fastback C-pillar. Interesting variation on the traditional Audi 6 light greenhouse also..

03_audi_sportback_press.jpg

Edited by moltar

It looks like it has a decent amount of ground clearance, especially when viewed from behind. It seems appropriate given the quattro history.

This would make a cool "all-weather" Grand Tourer. The BMW X6 should have been more like this.

Edited by empowah

If being a '4-dr coupe' primarily consists of a lowered & 'fastback' roofline, the LaCrosse is actually more 'coupe-like' IMO than the audi, which is slightly more conventional in that aspect... tho the Buick does have a tiny 'decklid' in profile.

x10bu_lc007-1280.jpg

Edited by balthazar

very beautiful and in the vein of newer luxury like XF. both are Caddy's true competition when it comes to an upscale look-at-me flagship people mover. the fastback and back end are very cool. a little too icy in expression though, being overshadowed by more approachable design this year, and the influx of good looking cars, i think....but if you're an audi fan, and i am, this is the fix.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0