Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
network engineer

Facebook integration

7 posts in this topic

Most of us use Facebook I'm sure. I was recently on consumerist.com and had the option of logging in with my Facebook account. After logging in I was able to make posts with my Facebook avatar posted and then a pop up window gave me the option of duplicating the post along with a link to the article on my Facebook account.

Here is my Facebook account.

Most of us use Facebook I'm sure. I was recently on consumerist.com and had the option of logging in with my Facebook account. After logging in I was able to make posts with my Facebook avatar posted and then a pop up window gave me the option of duplicating the post along with a link to the article on my Facebook account.

Here is my Facebook account.

Interesting... I'm on Facebook, but as my real self, not Moltar. Not sure if I'd want to link my 'real' online persona with this one. The people I know in Facebook are those I know in person, in the 'real' world, same with Linkedin, and those here are online only, in the 'surreal' world.. don't want to mix those.. :)

Edited by moltar

I sort of get a gut negative reaction to sites like Facebook, I just am not comfortable with the concept.

I realize that's a separate issue, of course, but I'm not sure that this idea would be good for C&G.

I will keep an open mind about it though, while those more familiar and comfortable with the idea make their case.

Please, no facebook integration. They do not have adequate privacy protection for my tastes given how ubiquitous their site "features" are becoming on other, non-facebook sites.

I am not sure on this one. I think what we have hear works fine. Then again I keep an open mind.

Please, no facebook integration. They do not have adequate privacy protection for my tastes given how ubiquitous their site "features" are becoming on other, non-facebook sites.

:yes:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room