Pissed at Ebay?

Camino LS6

one thing that is ridiculous now is how buyers can hit sellers with negative feedback but sellers cant do the same to deadbeat bidders.

Since the change to no negative feedback for buyers I have never had so many deadbeat bidders. I find myself selling less and less on ebay and turning to alternative methods.

They also force you to offer paypal, which gives the buyer the ability to simply steal a seller's item and block the payment.

Something close to that has just burned me on the snowblower auction.

Paypal claims that the Fed has my money. :rolleyes: It isn't in my paypal account nor my bank account. That's after they decided to put an arbitrary hold on the payment for days!

It left me in a very bad position where I'm likely to lose all of the money from the snowblower even if they eventually send me the money. The delay caused a cascade in my checking account which Wachovia partially orchestrated by manipulating postings to my account. Of course, that set me up for a ton of fees (1 per affected transaction). They all are really out to screw us after all!

It's total BS.

The jackass running the company calls the changes "disruptive innovation".

Ebay is ruined it would seem.

If anyone has a good alternative, I'm all ears.

I've only sold one item on ebay so far (those Intrepid headlights) and it went very well for me. I do not ship until I receive payment, and payment must be made within 7 days....happily the buyer paid me the same day, which was nice. That's my selling experience.

The buyer wasn't the problem here, actually.

The ebay policies are.

The payment was made soon after the auction ended (on the 12th).

I still don't have my money.