Tornado Warning

Cory Wolfe

Screw visiting you then, my Datsun is about as heavy as an unused Tampon... I'm all set ending up in Kansas, or WORSE! :P

Well... anybody in Pittsburgh or the general area watching 11 news knows how it went... Yes, a Tornado. Through Brookville and Knox Dale. Trees down. In case you're wondering, my house is 2 miles west of KD and about 3 miles south east of Brookville. Just missed me. Edited by blackviper8891

C'mon now with all the recent problems with the GA it woudl be a mixed blessing if a tree fell on it in your yard. Cha-ching!!! UNless your insurance does not cover "acts of God" and the Homeowners insurance leaves you high and dry too.

So, anything interesting fly into your yard with all the high winds and such? Garbage? Lawn chairs? Neighbors pink lawn flamingos?

[post="41046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

... 1969 Camaro ZL1 :o :)

This wind is pissing me off. I opened my door and like 50 leaves came in. The TV keeps going in and out. AHHHH If we had a tornado least there would be a reason for this wind! Damn it missed BV!! :P

I just got in for the night. I'm glad to hear you are OK. I don't know if you've ever experienced one,but you really don't want to deal with a tornado if you don't have to. They're very unpredictable. Once we were hit with a small twister that destroyed our yard, my neighbor on one side and across the street, but left the other three houses on the block untouched.

There was a tornado warning in the county just south of mine around 5pm tonight.  They still don't know if one touched down or not.

[post="41181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Weatherpeople. One time it was raining and at the SAME TIME they cast that there was a 30% chance of rain, but it wasn't currently raining anywhere in Metro Detroit..

Well... it was a very small twister. Just few trees down with lots of branches and crap all over the road. In Brookville, that is. At my house nothing really happened. Although... I was outside since I'm intrigued by storms and It sure did sound like one was around to the north. I think being in a valley helps. But it was still very windy with a heavy downpour.

Wow, it's kind of an odd time of year to get a tornado. We had an F1 tornado touch down on campus about a month ago and I was out in the middle of central campus when it happened. It was mostly just tree limbs down though.

I have actually seen a large tornado before...I was 7 and at my grandma's house and a couple miles to the north I saw one rip the powerlines right out of the ground. She grabbed me and took me to the basement right after that.

Also, last year an F5 tornado hit a small Nebraska town a few hours west of me and completely decimated it. F5 tornados are bad news...they can get up to a mile wide and completely wipe out anything in their path. I don't remember how many died, but that town doesn't exist anymore. The same thing happened in Spencer, South Dakota a few years ago too. I still love tornadoes though...nothing like road tripping to see severe storms on a summer day.

Here's that town...Hallam, NE, in May 2004.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This was a railroad, train, and grain elevator
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

3 miles wide, I thouhgt they only got as wide as like 1/4 mile or whatever.... :blink: