Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

It's Aliiiiiiiive (CTS-V Coupe)

Chris_Doane

GM would get much further with consumers if cosmetic choices they made, in accessorizing all thier trim levels, were actually good choices. some of thier cars are not bad looking, like the cobalt, but some really bad choices for wheels some plain effects treatments on that car make it look so much less visually stimulating and desirable. rather than slapping $5000 on the hood and spending millions per month on advertising the aformentioned stupid sums of discounts, they could spend some of that money and just accessorize the heck out of the inteirors and exteriors of thier current loser cars. make some cool packages for impala and cobalt, spend some development money here and now since the current cars are lacking so much across the board and you're freezing up so much future development anyways. but hey who i am, i'm only helping to fund your institution.

this car is good looking, but i wish this package for the car was the base package. i wish the uplevel V package was even more race inspired without sacrificing the substance power and sophistication that visually an M package for the 6-series combines. there are tons of examles within GMs portfolio of this.

Edited by turbo200

That comment didn't even have a reference to the Cadillac. Did you get sidetracked talking about a Cobalt?

my overall point ties into the base CTS with its unattractive wheels and the base CTS coupe we saw unveiled in the recovery plan a week ago. i'm talking about the way GM assumes it customers don't give a lick about good design, sophistication, or knowing a well designed car from a poorly designed car. i'm talking about them giving us effort in the base models.....so that the overall line will be more appealing. the rebates commercials are on nonstop now, wouldn't hurt to try a different strategy.

my overall point ties into the base CTS with its unattractive wheels and the base CTS coupe we saw unveiled in the recovery plan a week ago. i'm talking about the way GM assumes it customers don't give a lick about good design, sophistication, or knowing a well designed car from a poorly designed car. i'm talking about them giving us effort in the base models.....so that the overall line will be more appealing. the rebates commercials are on nonstop now, wouldn't hurt to try a different strategy.

We'd better put your phone number on all the product brochures so customers can call you directly since you know more about GM than GM.

Yet no problems with the nasty,c heap looking E-Class :lol:

The base wheels are the only thing I can agree with you turbo. regarding the CTS. But it is a base model, you can always opt up for better wheels.

Have you taken a good look at base models from the competition? I know some BMW models don't even have leather standard.

Well, Special Editions of older models have been used to some success by other manufacturers. Hondo has their Accord and Civic SEs when each successive generation is in its last throes.

But if you are talking about accessories available at the dealer level for installation at delivery, you have to look at the take rate. There has to be a decent take rate for the whole thing to be worthwhile for the manufacturer and the dealer to bother.

Some ppl prefer something conservative and not as trendy... timeless might be the word I am grasping for here.

I do agree the Cobalt should be available with a sub-palette of more vibrant colors.

All of this is off-topic, however. I imagine the CTS-V Coupe will meet or beat the BMW M3 and Benz E-Class AMG coupes... with PUSHRODS, no less. Rock on, Chevy smallblock!

GM would get much further with consumers if cosmetic choices they made, in accessorizing all thier trim levels, were actually good choices. some of thier cars are not bad looking, like the cobalt, but some really bad choices for wheels some plain effects treatments on that car make it look so much less visually stimulating and desirable. rather than slapping $5000 on the hood and spending millions per month on advertising the aformentioned stupid sums of discounts, they could spend some of that money and just accessorize the heck out of the inteirors and exteriors of thier current loser cars. make some cool packages for impala and cobalt, spend some development money here and now since the current cars are lacking so much across the board and you're freezing up so much future development anyways. but hey who i am, i'm only helping to fund your institution.

this car is good looking, but i wish this package for the car was the base package. i wish the uplevel V package was even more race inspired without sacrificing the substance power and sophistication that visually an M package for the 6-series combines. there are tons of examles within GMs portfolio of this.

SMK? Is that you?

I agree 100%

Re: CTS-V Coupe... If they think it's PC to produce this, then why not just go ahead and produce the Z28?

I also think whats killing it for me (with this car) is the stance... The damn car sits too high for the wheel design or body or something. That's where the disconnect from concept to production happened.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Again, I think you're spot on...

Not to mention, a lot of people don't even know what the hell a V-Series or SS is.

I have a "tuner" buddy from Michigan (of all places) I told him about the Turbo Cobalt and HHR SS and his jaw dropped. He didn't even know they existed.

Way to market, GM! :rolleyes: Had it been a regular bloke, it wouldn't have bothered me as much. But this guy is a TUNER CAR fanatic.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM