Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

A few shots from the race shop

54 posts in this topic

I've been spending much of my time this month in this shop wrenching on these cars. Today I was working on the red and white car and cleaning it up as I go. All of the wheelwell areas and engine compartment was as nasty as the driver's side of the compartment still is. Healeys are leaky little buggers. By Wednesday, this car has to be back on its wheels.

1001142.jpg

1001143.jpg

1001144.jpg

1001145.jpg

1001146.jpg

1001147.jpg

1001148.jpg

1001149.jpg

What can you tell me about the Volvo? Something like that with a 302 Ford would be a bitchin' little Swedish vixen!

What can you tell me about the Volvo? Something like that with a 302 Ford would be a bitchin' little Swedish vixen!

It's a '63 122S with the B18 engine and a manual. The son of my Old boss (new boss?) restored it back when I managed their old estate. He was a kid then, now he's the hot shoe of the race team.

New job?

Yes and no.

It's a part time gig. I took care of these cars a few years back, and have been brought back in to get them ready for the season.

I bet no one can identitfy the little black car on the middle lift! :neenerneener:

I bet no one can identitfy the little black car on the middle lift! :neenerneener:

MG ?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

True.

But this is not one of the most loved of Thunderbird generations. It's huge, and with the continental kit the rear overhang is about 6 feet!

True.

But this is not one of the most loved of Thunderbird generations. It's huge, and with the continental kit the rear overhang is about 6 feet!

It's the closest thing I will get to the Batmobile from the old TV series. Stop messing with my dream ... :neenerneener:

No doubt with CPF in the driver's seat and you alongside with your little mask over your eyes...:lol:

It's the closest thing I will get to the Batmobile from the old TV series. Stop messing with my dream ... :neenerneener:

:lol:

OK, I'll give you that.

I guess it's just that when I think T-bird it's not this one. I like both earlier and later examples much better.

That is a nice shop.

That is a nice shop.

It does have all of the amenities.

:lol:

OK, I'll give you that.

I guess it's just that when I think T-bird it's not this one. I like both earlier and later examples much better.

Gated Community FTW ...

I don't know, maybe it's just the whole feel of early 60's "high society" attached to the car.

And the tiki torches that light as it passes each one - seems a bit tacky.

And the tiki torches that light as it passes each one - seems a bit tacky.

What do you mean tacky? I have them along my driveway in Delaware ... :neenerneener:

Do not challenge the gate ... :lol:

What a cool shop, filled with cool cars. I've always loved those old Healey's.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0