Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Last Cars/Trucks found at the Linden Plant

9 posts in this topic

Weird since the last vehicles made there were various Chevy S10s and GMCs. That white one looks like a wagon to me, but I guess it could be a 4 door Blazer, hard to tell with an infected eye ...

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Very odd to a layman, since those old S-10 Blazers went off the market with the advent of the GMT360s, which were introduced for the 2002 model year, IIRC... I think the 2-door stayed around a bit longer, but yeah... eerie.

Went by there Tuesday and circled the property.

On the NW corner stands 2 Fanuc 'bots and 2 vehicle shells. There was a guard contingent on the property, which being empty, resembles a moon-scape now. The road signs designating GM East Gate and Truck Gate are intact and various ancillary entrance gates are still barring entrance to the property. Barring entrance to people that will come no more.

Sad and awesomely poignant.

A symptom of our age.

I'm curious as to why GM just abandoned those body shells? I guess they were to be sold along with the rest of the scrap metal? You would think that someone would want to buy those for a project or whatever. Since that video was taken in May of 2008, is the complex completely gone now?

I'm curious as to why GM just abandoned those body shells? I guess they were to be sold along with the rest of the scrap metal? You would think that someone would want to buy those for a project or whatever. Since that video was taken in May of 2008, is the complex completely gone now?

Levelled.

Nothing except watermelon-sized to fist-sized chunks of 'crete.

Moonscape. Guessing 40-60 acres(?)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room