An obscure challenge...

Hmmm...

My guess is the '97 Chevrolet malibu. I guess this because it was the first car I noticed that had them ... thus, it is probably way incorrect...he he heh.

I remember being "shocked" when I picked up my '97 malibu (late '97) nearly a year after my parents bought their '97 mc LS (purchased in late '96)...only to discover my malibu had DRLs, while my parents' '97 mc did not have 'em....

*shrugs*

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

Hmmm...

My guess is the '97 Chevrolet malibu.  I guess this because it was the first car I noticed that had them ... thus, it is probably way incorrect...he he heh.

I remember being "shocked" when I picked up my '97 malibu (late '97) nearly a year after my parents bought their '97 mc LS (purchased in late '96)...only to discover my malibu had DRLs, while my parents' '97 mc did not have 'em....

*shrugs*
Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html
"Hood slidin' like Bo Duke"...Dierks Bently...'What Was I Thinking?'

[post="42447"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My 97 Z34 has DRLs. In fact it has totally automatic lights, as does my wife's 98 Malibu.

Geo Metro? Which was also the Toyota Corolla?

[post="42711"][/post]

Well, you answered the trivia question correctly. The Geo/Chevy Prizm was the Corolla rebadge. The Geo/Chevy Metro was also the Suzuki Swift and Chevy Sprint/Pontiac Firefly (Canada).

The 1995 Geo Metro was the first GM car sold in the US with standard daytime running lamps.
Posted Image

Ok, I'll give myself partial credit for that brian..... i was really thinking of the NUMMI twin but i got confused with the names.... its funny but at the same time it makes sense that GM would put its first DRLs on the cheapest and the most dangerous car that it sold.

[post="42818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hey it counts. :)

Speaking of which, the redesigned '95 Metro was also the first car in the world to meet 1997 US side-impact standards

Hey it counts. :)

Speaking of which, the redesigned '95 Metro was also the first car in the world to meet 1997 US side-impact standards

[post="42822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:huh: My Metro forgot the year but you could dent the door with your finger

DRLs save lives. 99/100 I have my lights on, even at high noon I have my parking lamps on. Visability is always a good thing. I F***ING hate it when some prick in a beinge Accord or a Silver Taurus has no lights on in the middle of a massive rain storm. Peole are so dense that DRLs are kind of a must. I once had some retarded coustomer tell me DRLs suck. You know why? They make the alternator kick in more often which in turn hurts fuel economy. So in othr words he'd rather die then increase his yearly fuel comsumption by 0.75 gallons. I just wanted to bitch slap that retard. I'm sure he's driving a Prius right now ta;lking about how he's single handedly saving the effin planet. (sorry I'm in a bad mood tonight)

DRLS AND HIGHBEAMS AND FOGLAMPS ARE VERY MUCH HAZARDOUS TO THE ROADWAYS SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO MANDATE THAT THESE DEVICES HAVE A FUNCTION TO BE SHUT OFF MANY INNOCENT MOTORISTS HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY IRRITATED FOR ONE OR TWO SOMETIMES UP TO FIVE SECONDS BY DRLS AND FOGLAMPS WHY ARENT OUR LEGISLATURES DOING ANYTHING???? DO YOU WANT TO BE A VICTIM OF DRL INCITED ROADRAGE??? DO YOU WANT YOUR SON/DAUGHTER/MOTHER/FATHER/COUSIN/NEPHEW/NIECE/MILKMAN TO BE KILLED BECAUSE THEIR CARS DRLS ANNOYED ANOTHER FELLOW MOTORIST???? DO SOMETH ING NOW