Unlikely champion

ocnblu

I get my gas at a local convenience store. There is a lady at the counter in there, about 60 years old. Every time I go in there, she asks me about my car. Does it have Onstar, I need to try the turn-by-turn, is it an '09, it's a nice looking car, she has a Torrent, same as the Equinox, but she likes it, her husband likes Cobalts... etc. etc.

When I had my Sierra, I always went to another place to get gas, but before the Sierra, with my Colorado, I used to go in there, and she would always tell me her husband had a Colorado, and that mine was nice looking.

It's kind of amusing, especially when she repeats herself every time I see her, but it's also kinda nice to hear.

Does anyone else know a sweet, dotty old GM Granny?

I get my gas at a local convenience store. There is a lady at the counter in there, about 60 years old. Every time I go in there, she asks me about my car. Does it have Onstar, I need to try the turn-by-turn, is it an '09, it's a nice looking car, she has a Torrent, same as the Equinox, but she likes it, her husband likes Cobalts... etc. etc.

When I had my Sierra, I always went to another place to get gas, but before the Sierra, with my Colorado, I used to go in there, and she would always tell me her husband had a Colorado, and that mine was nice looking.

It's kind of amusing, especially when she repeats herself every time I see her, but it's also kinda nice to hear.

Does anyone else know a sweet, dotty old GM Granny?

Are you trying to pick up Old Ladies at the Wawa again? :P

I wouldn't call her a champion...if she's as crazy in person as she sounds on here, then wouldn't she likely come off as a fool to anyone thinking about cars? I think it would hurt GM sales if anything.

Crazy? Sounds to me like she's a sweet old lady who's become a little senile and needs someone to talk to. Nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Enzora

PCS, nah, I used Wawa gas in the Sierra. This nice old lady works at Tom's, another local spot.

It does seem funny that this little lady knows so much about GM vehicles and their features... I am wondering if her husband is a car salesman.

Crazy? Sounds to me like she's a sweet old lady who's become a little senile and needs someone to talk to. Nothing wrong with that.

Crazy/senile/whatever, my point is that if she seems like she is NOT a credible source of information, but rather someone who goes on and on about something, random people would probably be less likely to go out and buy GM after talking to her.

With all due respect to ocnblu, I know if I came across someone championing the GMT-355s with what I know about them, I'd seriously question their taste level and knowledge of vehicles on the market as a whole.

Crazy/senile/whatever, my point is that if she seems like she is NOT a credible source of information, but rather someone who goes on and on about something, random people would probably be less likely to go out and buy GM after talking to her.

With all due respect to ocnblu, I know if I came across someone championing the GMT-355s with what I know about them, I'd seriously question their taste level and knowledge of vehicles on the market as a whole.

You'd seriously allow your purchasing decisions to be influenced by an encounter with an old lady in a gas station?

Really?

I get my gas at Taco Bell. . oh wait, wrong kind of gas. :o There's a kid at the petrol station I go to that was always droolin over the Corvette. He was disappointed when I told him it was gone. He is not that impressed with the Acadia or the G8 at all. He has a very nice Colorado Z-71 Extended Cab with a 5-speed. He takes really good care of it and put some really nice wheels on it.

Well, the thing is, everything she says is correct... I haven't heard her say one thing wrong yet. And as far as the GMT355, I was very pleased with my first-model-year example. If I weren't such a kid in a candy store (HAD TO HAVE a GMT900) and held onto it, I'd have had it paid off in January of this year, a very solid and reliable truck in my experience. I'd own another one, easily.