Red tag Pricing

berg0449

Buick annouced Rad Tag Pricing
Main C&G General Discussion I am adding it here for Buick discussion.

See http://www.buick.com. There is a link at the bottom

The Buick Red Tag Event

During the Buick Red Tag Event, the price on our tag is the price you pay. Not a penny more. And for 2006, our promise to you includes premium standard features like QuietTuning™, OnStar®* with the one year Safe & Sound plan, and a 4-year/50,000 mile limited warranty† on every new Buick.

This offer is valid on most 2006 Buick models and remaining 2005 models at participating dealers.‡ Promotion ends on 01/03/06.

For example:
Your price for 2006 Buick LaCrosse (Select a different vehicle)
Search Dealer Inventory Locate Dealer Request a Quote
Selected Style:

CXS
MSRP:

$29,095.00
Red Tag Price after cash incentives:

$25,662.10
(After applicable incentives. See details.) Edited by berg0449

It's my understanding that the Buick Lucerne, along with the Pontiac Solstice and Chevrolet Corvette, are specifically not included in the "Red Tag" pricing.

[post="43022"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's because those are the only 3 cars that don't really suck. :rolleyes:

I've been doing some shopping for a LaCrosse. Just thinking about it right now, not totally serious. The CXS's all seem to have $3,000 to $5,000 worth of options on them. A typical one I've found at Cerritos BPG on GMBuyPower stickers for $31,385 (driver confidence package, CD changer, chome package, remote start). The red tag sticker is $27,577. I'm eligible for the GMS price, which is $27,732 minus $1,500 rebate minus $1000 bonus cash, or $25,232, which is about the same price as an Accord EXL, which would have a power moonroof that this particular LaCrosse wouldn't. Even with the GM employee discount, I'm having a hard time seeing the LaCrosse as being a good buy.

Yeah, GM didn't really apply their Total Value Promise to the LaCrosse at all... the MSRP for a V8-powered Lucerne is about the same as a LaCrosse CXS with a few options. The Employee Pricing/Red Tag Pricing should've been the MSRP for a lot of vehicles. I thought sales like these weren't profitable and were intended only to "clear inventory"... guess not. Clearly, GM can afford to lower prices to increase sales.

Tonight I saw a new Buick TV commercial, which showed (but did not come out and say) the words "Beyond Precision." It was a "Red Tag" commercial for Chicago-area Buick dealers, but I bet it's the basic commercial which will air nationally. The announcer had a hushed-type voice, mentioning the fine qualities of the car. And, to the effect of, while you're at the dealership, be sure to see the new Lucerne. I didn't get "fire sale" at all; it seemed very relaxed and upscale.

ALSO: A few minutes later, I saw a commercial for the Dodge (I think) 1500 truck. One with a big Hemi engine, new suspension, interior, etc. I realize all the manufacturers typically show a really nice vehicle in the commercial, but give a lowball base price on the screen and then the fine print says "price as shown $XXX. The Dodge, after all allowances, was $14K-something, but priced as shown $38K! I never noticed such a big disparity before. Edited by wildcat

I've been doing some shopping for a LaCrosse.  Just thinking about it right now, not totally serious.  The CXS's all seem to have $3,000 to $5,000 worth of options on them.  A typical one I've found at Cerritos BPG on GMBuyPower stickers for $31,385 (driver confidence package, CD changer, chome package, remote start).  The red tag sticker is $27,577.  I'm eligible for the GMS price, which is $27,732 minus $1,500 rebate minus $1000 bonus cash, or $25,232, which is about the same price as an Accord EXL, which would have a power moonroof that this particular LaCrosse wouldn't.  Even with the GM employee discount, I'm having a hard time seeing the LaCrosse as being a good buy.

[post="43787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I don't know what the rebates are in your region but in North Central they've got $4250 off an 05 LaCrosse..to me that's pretty hard to beat

There seems to be another $500 bonus cash on Buicks for the "tent event" or something like that. I'm thinking now that a Lucerne is a much better buy than a LaCrosse, except that there won't be any initial rebates. I really wish the Lucerne had the HF 3.6 liter V-6. In general, G-bodies are much better than W-bodies, and they're just a little bit bigger, and the Lucerne is a lot like my old favorite, the departed Aurora, in concept.