Spot the error!

Well, my first guess would be the center stack displays are all off, indicating the car isn't on...but the ignition key position is correct and the needle on the IP is moving, so I would say that either the light washes out the displays or at this angle you cannot see them or they are turned off. I dunno, I guess I don't see anything out of the ordinary, except that this G6 interior doesn't look like sh!t.

GM makes manual cars?

[post="43201"][/post]

It's Funny cause it's TRUE!

Posted Image

Finally they're letting the consumer decide weather they want a manual or not instead of saying: Trust us you don't want a stick

[as the person walks on over to the Honda/Toyota/VW/Mazda/Nissan dealership]

I think you'd be surprised, Fly.  After all, most Buick customers were driving before the automatic transmission was invented!  Just put the shifter on the column. :AH-HA_wink:

[post="45507"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

YEAH! That would be about the only way Buick would get me to buy a Lacrosse.

No, but serously here's a list of GM cars from the last 20 years that have lacked a Manual Transmission and SHOULD have had one available:

- 1999-up Grand Am GT

- Grand Prix GT/GTP

- 1994-96 Impala SS

- 1987 Buick GN

- Northstar powered STS/Eldorado

- 2002-up TrailBlazer

- Cadillac Catera

- 1997-up Malibu Edited by Sixty8panther

Look at the target markets for the Trailblazer and Seville/Eldorado. No one would've bought those with a stick.

Even so, that's not that much lacking for the past 20 years.

[post="45684"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fly...

Which one of us was a car salesman for four years? I forget. :P

NO one wanted a stick in a Grand National, or a Catera??? Are you joking!?

Seriously, YES people did complain about lack of manual trans availability in those cars/trucks.

Wait til Camino is back on C&G (or ask Black And Blue) he'll tell you about the time he ordered a Tahoe 2dr.

BTW: please tell me what cars DID have a stick those years?

Metro, Cavalier, Camaro & Corvette... that's about the only ones. TYes theere were otehrs but asshole salesman who are too lazy to ORDER a car discouraged it or lied abotu the existance of a manual trans option in vehicles like a Beretta, Blazer S10 or Silverado. Edited by Sixty8panther

Which one of us was a car salesman for four years? I forget.  :P
NO one wanted a stick in a Grand National, or a Catera??? Are you joking!?

[post="45792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Look at the target markets for the Trailblazer and Seville/Eldorado. No one would've bought those with a stick.

[post="45684"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wait til Camino is back on C&G (or ask Black And Blue) he'll tell you about the time he ordered a Tahoe 2dr.

I've seen a new STS with a leather-delete option. So what? There's also a big difference in the character of a two-door Tahoe (or Blazer, for that matter) and a four-door 5/7-seater Trailblazer. You're Mr. Salesman, who bought TBs more - families or offroader/sports-types who wanted manuals?

BTW: please tell me what cars DID have a stick those years?

Metro, Cavalier, Camaro & Corvette... that's about the only ones. TYes theere were otehrs but asshole salesman who are too lazy to ORDER a car discouraged it or lied abotu the existance of a manual trans option in vehicles like a Beretta, Blazer S10 or Silverado.

What else during those years should've had a stick? Caprice? Lumina? Maybe the Astrovan?

And if salesmen are too lacksidasical, disingenous, or just plain stupid to inform their customers about the existence of the stick option, how is that GM's fault? They manufacture the damn things, not directly retail them.

What else during those years should've had a stick? Caprice?

[post="45802"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:huh: Thats not a Car for a stick an Impala SS yes but a luxury poormans Caddy land cruiser no!.

Fly: now that you mention it, YES I think GM needs to take more responsibility for how it's products are distributed and sold. I can say having sold GM product for years (and nothing new other than GM) that in many cases GM dealers are GM's worst enemy. I have a few good friends who are car salesman, but then I also know several who are pompous, lying, egotistical DICKHEADS! On more than one occassion I've been witness to a GM customer being so disgusted he walked off mumbling something about Ford/DCX/Toyota or whatever under his breath as he/she walked out of the dealership. :(