Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Anyone have carfax?

18 posts in this topic

If so, I'd like to request a favor. I want to look up my car again to get the name of the dealer who serviced it prior to my owning it.

VIN: 2B3HD46RXYH369039

Dude, it costs so little to do it. Last time I used Carfax, you paid X amount for X number of lookups...I'd be surprised if anyone on here went for your favor.

$30 for one Carfax, $40 for unlimited.

$30 for one Carfax, $40 for unlimited.

Unlimited for a month. Too bad I didn't save the info when I had paid for it.

I would think someone on here would glady do it for the man. I wouldn't want to spend 30 or 40 bucks either.

Yeah I kinda figured...hey if someone happens to have a valid carfax account maybe they could. $40 can go to the a/c idler pulley I need to hunt down.

Yeah I kinda figured...hey if someone happens to have a valid carfax account maybe they could. $40 can go to the a/c idler pulley I need to hunt down.

Exactly, I would think some of the dealer people around here would.

I would think someone on here would glady do it for the man. I wouldn't want to spend 30 or 40 bucks either.

So someone else spends their money? I dunno, I kinda think it's a lot to ask someone, personally.

So someone else spends their money? I dunno, I kinda think it's a lot to ask someone, personally.

No...I'm pretty sure no one would ask anybody to go an buy a carfax report for them. I was just asking if anyone happened to currently have (1 month) unlimited reports if they would mind checking. If I happened to have it, I certainly wouldn't have a problem doing it...I think I did at least once when I had the reports.

No...I'm pretty sure no one would ask anybody to go an buy a carfax report for them. I was just asking if anyone happened to currently have (1 month) unlimited reports if they would mind checking. If I happened to have it, I certainly wouldn't have a problem doing it...I think I did at least once when I had the reports.

I don't see anything wrong with that. $30.00 is a rip off for just one report.

I don't see anything wrong with that. $30.00 is a rip off for just one report.

Agreed.

A heads up, Carfax has been suing forums that allow (and thus assist) the misuse of Carfax accounts like this. Asking someone to do a carfax on a forum endangers that forum and it's owner(s). Not saying I don't totally understand wanting to ask for one, just saying it could cause some trouble...

A heads up, Carfax has been suing forums that allow (and thus assist) the misuse of Carfax accounts like this. Asking someone to do a carfax on a forum endangers that forum and it's owner(s). Not saying I don't totally understand wanting to ask for one, just saying it could cause some trouble...

Anything for them not to lose a buck.

Well f@#k it then, greedy bastards. :mellow:

Well f@#k it then, greedy bastards. :mellow:

Your local dealer may be able to look up the car's history for you through Chrysler's own database.

I've gotten history on GM cars that way.

And it costs nothing.

Your local dealer may be able to look up the car's history for you through Chrysler's own database.

I've gotten history on GM cars that way.

And it costs nothing.

That's a great idea! Thanks Camino!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room