Grand Prize Lottery

Our retail for Federated Co-operatives Ltd. (Pioneer Co-op) in Swift Current, Saskatchewan is donating the Grand Prize for a fund raiser to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of operating. To celebrate those 30 years, we're giving away a car that was built the very year this business first started. We just rolled it in when we closed up for the night. I just thought it would be nice for you good folks to get a look at it before anyone else does. The car is a...

...and get...

...your...

...drooling...

...towel...

...ready.

... 1975 Corvette Stingray

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...and if you're over 18 in Canada, you can buy one of two-thousand tickets for $10 ... or three for $20 (if nothing has changed since I last checked the lottery license)

All original with some new paint. It's been appraised at $19,000 CDN - the interior controls have been well used (what you would expect for 30 years old), the seats and carpeting are perfect...but I forget what the mileage is...still, damn...nobody cares considering how gorgeous this thing is.

Just thought I would share.

Edited by ShadowDog

In 1975 NOTHING was cooler than this. Nothing.

The Trans Am was a close second but the Mustang was not even available wiht a V8. Not to mention it looked like a piece of Camel Shit.

Look at this Firebird TA... I mean that's just beautiful esp. when you consider the alternatives. Eeeeekkk.

Posted Image

This A L M O S T beats out the Element for ugliest car of all time!

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

In 1975 NOTHING was cooler than this. Nothing.

...the Mustang was not even available wiht a V8. Not to mention it looked like a piece of Camel Shit. ...

Posted Image

[post="3699"][/post]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks 68, I needed a good laugh!

No problem buddy... noce to see you made it here. :)

That's a beautiful ride.  I wish I could win it!  C3 Vettes are by far my favorite.
1974 was the year that the V8 went on haitus for a year.  It came back as the 5.0L in 1975.

[post="4414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ah, you beat me to it.

So I found out the details. The lottery license only allows ticket sales in Saskatchewan. The mileage on the car is 126k miles, while the rebuilt 350 has 10k miles on the ticker. It had to be inspected in order to be registered here, and it passed without any concern. Draw takes place December 20th.

I won't tell you what we paid for the car; however, you're only a grand number shy of the final negotiated price. LOL At any rate, the prizes are donated to the foundation which is also promoting a variety of other fundraisers for their cause through this draw. People tend to donate more than what others pay through the purchase of tickets. Prize offerings go much farther with a $6,000 Sony home entertainment package as one of five or six prizes just in the early bird draw. They're definitely going to be making a lot of money at this fund raiser.