CC for DF

I had that experience/feeling when I bought the Intrepid. When I went to the auto auction I wasn't planning to buy then and there. Intrepids caught my eye on the list, but of the 3, only mine hadn't presold. I wasn't looking for it. I checked out a Grand Prix, a Continental, a Taurus, a 2nd gen Neon, a `02 Stratus, two Millenias. Nothing called out to me.

I get to the Intrepid, open it up to find the car immaculate. Besides the trunk light, everything worked, and besides the little rust spot on the door frame, the exterior was clean. It ran beautiful and drove great. I went to go check out some other cars after I drove it, but then came back and sat in it and looked it over until the bidding began. I knew it was mine. When bidding, only one other person bid near the end, and when it reached 2,000, the dealer wanted 2,100, so I said yes.

It was the greatest feeling getting the car and driving it on the open road for the first time...my truly first car.

That feeling I got is part of why I love the car so much and will never give it up.

/hijack

Awwww. Did your eyelids moisten up while typing the anecdote? :P

I can understand the feeling.

Personally I do not like this car. Why? JELLYBEAN, this is just another bland Jellybean shaped car. Interior, looks chopped up, It looks like they started with one dash and did not know how to finish it off and some other design engineer had a great top but maybe a soso mid and bottom and it was all black, so they cut off the top of that dash and superglued it onto this dash.

Over all this does nothing to inspire me with passion to want to take it out and drive it. It might be a well built car or even a comfy ride, I have no idea as like Camino I have never looked at the spec's but this being my first time ever seeing this car, It leaves me with the blahs and I will forget it the moment I look at something else.

Glad others find it inspiring and nice, but not my cup of tea or any tea for that matter.

Edited by dfelt

Personally I do not like this car. Why? JELLYBEAN, this is just another bland Jellybean shaped car. Interior, looks chopped up, It looks like they started with one dash and did not know how to finish it off and some other design engineer had a great top but maybe a soso mid and bottom and it was all black, so they cut off the top of that dash and superglued it onto this dash.

I think the dash is straight out of the Passat..

I was beside a black one in traffic the other day, it certainly is a looker, and has presence. I too wish VWOA would get their dealership service departments to treat customers better, I guarantee it would make such a positive difference for them.

I love VW product, this is the #1 reason I don't have a VW in my garage right now.

Over in the TDIclub forums, one of the first things they tell new TDI owners is to never take their car to a dealer, even for warranty service or an oil change. From everything I hear, VW's dealer network is really that bad.

Chris

I love VW product, this is the #1 reason I don't have a VW in my garage right now.

Over in the TDIclub forums, one of the first things they tell new TDI owners is to never take their car to a dealer, even for warranty service or an oil change. From everything I hear, VW's dealer network is really that bad.

Chris

Which is weird because, so far, my experience with the Audi dealer network is the best I've ever had by a mile. Instead of looking for reasons NOT to help me...they looked for ways *to* help me. Imagine that.

Not sure why VW can't just approach it like Audi.

It would be nice if they could get their act together. GREAT product...

We have a Buckeye Miata Club member that brings an S4 Audi out to our local Autocrosses to run.

I've ridden along in that car...it will turn as good as it looks.

Chris

Which is weird because, so far, my experience with the Audi dealer network is the best I've ever had by a mile. Instead of looking for reasons NOT to help me...they looked for ways *to* help me. Imagine that.

Not sure why VW can't just approach it like Audi.

That is what I love about my cadillacs and hummer, the dealer always looks for ways to help me out and fix the issues, be it small stuff that I have had. They truly are a 5 start dealer here in the Pacific Northwest.

It holds the road nicely at 147mph too..

I wouldn't do that unless I'm on a track. Your probably a better driver than I am.

Personally, I want guys in white in the corners, as well as an ambulance and med crew nearby if I'm going to get stupid with a car.

Just my personal thinking. But like I said...your probably a better driver, and have more balls...than me.

Chris

I was reading on the Audi site, the A5 is limited to 135 mph? WTH

They put smk4565 in the passenger seat and faced him backwards. The vortex effect with all that hot air brought on the extra 15 miles per hour.

Chris

I was reading on the Audi site, the A5 is limited to 135 mph? WTH

Wasn't talking about the A5.

The A5 is limited to 130. When you hit 130 in the A5, you aren't even halfway through 5th gear. A simple ECU reflash to remove the limiter and Im sure 150-160 would be doable. It has a 180mph speedometer.

Oh I am sure of that, Mr. Doane. I just think it is a waste to put a speed limiter on an Autobahn-bred machine... or on ANY car or light truck.

You underestimate human stupidity.

Guy got busted driving a Hyundai awhile back, was going 147 MPH. May have even read about it here at C and G, not sure where I read about it.

Kid in Indiana got taged doing 149 in his parents WRX by the Indiana Patrol.

I've done stupid stuff at those kinds of speeds as well, and I am a fairly calm person.

At 150 miles per hour on public roads, things can get real stupid real fast. And it used to happen all the time in the good old days. I remember a certain race between a 'Cuda and a Boss 302 Mustang that was 150+miles an hour for some distance...back in the good old days.

I also remember the limiter being checked on one of the first WRX Subies...some friends of mine...yes...it will do 142 fo sho...GOOOOD thing the Ohio patrol wasn't around at the time.

When it comes to cars, speed and stupidity I am a poster child. Probably why I drive 4 cyl. stuff.

One of our SCCA guys (I'm sure I've told this story before, but...) got tagged by a copter while he was running a Porsche, 158 on I 270 around Columbus. He did jail time for that one...and now drives a four cyl. Ranger.

I am amzed at the guys in the Miata club who go from being 70 to 17 when they get behind the wheel of a car.

But Cars+Speed+public roads=Stupidity.

Chris