Josh and the Solstice....

capriceman

You were talking about getting it on Black Friday. So did you get it yet? Or has the Snow and Ice and Salt scare you from picking it up. Or does the Dealer not have it yet? Fill us in?

A customer came to the window yesterday to pick up his ol ass, crappy Rodeo. It was supposed to be ready on Wednesday, but wasn't. I apologized to him for the lateness, then he dropped a laser guided bomb on my head...

"Oh, that's ok, I have plenty of vehicles. I just picked up a little Pontiac Solstice. You can't beat it for the price. It was only $23k, and it's loaded."

It's triple black. I'm so damn jealous.

Again, the Solstice (and Sky twin when it comes out), is the ONLY roadster I would EVER consider buying. I'm such a tall guy, it'd be so cramped... but I'm telling you, it so sweet-looking and for the price? I'd suffer B)

Hope you have better luck with Jimmy than I did. I was 1 step away from getting a Sunfire then I just left they were pretty crapy to me. As I left the guy asked how much I planed to put down, I was going to pay half of it so a $5000 down payment then they started treating me nice. I hope they changed! Tell me about your service.

Hope you have better luck with Jimmy than I did. I was 1 step away from getting a Sunfire then I just left they were pretty crapy to me. As I left the guy asked how much I planed to put down, I was going to pay half of it so a $5000 down payment then they started treating me nice. I hope they changed! Tell me about your service.

[post="48832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hmm..I've heard both a mix of good and bad from that place..

I very happy with my dealership though. :)

I think you have to pop the back portion of the top (butresses) up to get into the trunk. I've seen two here in LA. A Silver one a few weeks ago and a triple black one the other day being driven up Santa Monica Blvd by the rat-bastard who stole my life.........

Again, the Solstice (and Sky twin when it comes out), is the ONLY roadster I would EVER consider buying.  I'm such a tall guy, it'd be so cramped... but I'm telling you, it so sweet-looking and for the price?  I'd suffer  B)

[post="48734"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i heard if your over 6'1" it starts getting uncomfortable

The trunk opens like a normal trunk. Edited by capriceman

Josh: Good Luck... Hopefully you'll be driving in Style in a Kappa Ragtop in a week. :) Ocnblu: Holly Cow! That's cool. So WTF is the deal with the Rodeo? :huh:

Well, it's the dude's wife's truck. Someone side swiped her, so we put a used door on it (painted to match of course) and fixed the rocker panel, only the rocker was rusty in addition to being bent, and insurance won't cover rust, so we had to charge the customer to fix it. Then the insurance company had a bunch of extra work that wasn't necessary on their repair estimate. The vehicle had prior bad bodywork done all around. Then, the lady called with a crazy list of things she wanted done to the truck on top of the collision repair... water was coming in to the front floor area, someone keyed the whole right side, etc. etc. We basically restored this P.O.S. It turned out pretty nice, imo.

Nothing major, just another day in "restore my vehicle to better than new condition or else" land.
:AH-HA_wink:

I worked for Jim Causley during this time last year up until January of this year. Nothing but good things to say about the President Robert Causley. He gave me my break in the business as I worked as a part time sales assistant to the top sales people at his dealership. I've been told I'll be receiving my Solstice below MSRP. I have no reason to doubt them. The two best sales people I've ever came across are Willard & John Shell. They treat everybody with class.

i heard if your over 6'1" it starts getting uncomfortable

The trunk opens like a normal trunk.

[post="49032"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Haha, so I guess 6'3" would be a little tight? :lol: