All I got in Driver's Ed was a shitty N-Body Malibu...

Most of my driver's ed time was spent in the ultra cool Corsica hatchback. :lol:

Besides driving, I learned from driving on gravel roads that apparenty the package shelf in a regular Corsica's body is the only thing keeping it from having the body stiffness of a homemade convertible.

Our Driver's Ed cars were brand new 1989 Nissan Sentras...some 2 door, some 4 door.

Additionally, we had one new Cutlass Ciera coupe...very odd.

Everyone wanted to drive the Olds, since it was a much classier car than the Sentras...but alas, my group was assigned a grey Sentra sedan...boring.

Don't know how it is now in the US now , but in the mid '80s, I took driver's ed at my high school..pretty common then, IIRC. My sister did the same at her high school in the mid 70s.

There is a big private company now that is throughout the US (MasterDrive) and probably smaller ones also.

I took driver's ed in 1998 and it was also through my high school. Although I think with all the budget cuts recently, they have cut the driver's ed program there. Here in Cedar Rapids, I see driver's ed cars with private company names on them like StreetSmart.

My insurance rape is to the tune of 315 a month. Thats my own fault because I'm a single male under the age of 25 who has a serious ding on his driving record (misdomeaner DUI) I took the MADD program and had the charges expunged so I have no criminal record but It hangs around on my license history for 3 years. I have 1.5 years to go before it drops off my driving record.

I feel that I'm not paying too much considering I have that ony my record and a 2005 mustang GT. It helps i've never had another moving violation.

In about 2 years my insurance is going to be through the floor because I'll be getting married, turning 25 and having the DUI come off my driving record all about the same time.

Though I will also be buying a 2012 mustang GT with the new 400 hp v8 then so we'll see...

I knew how to drive long before my voice changed - so the driver's Ed thing was strictly for the discount.

By age 13 I had driven both auto and stick cars and trucks.

I can totally agree, being 6' tall by age of 12 and my dad having a auto repair shop, I was the one responsible for moving all the vehicles around. I ended up driving everywhere and never got caught.

At one point after my rollover, mine was $475/mo. Now it's more like the $260/mo you quote and I'm so happy to be paying that instead of the old price...

On another note, I've inferred from some of your other posts that you took your driver's ed from your schools?? I've never heard of this before. Driver's Ed in Ontario is all done through private companies, and I'd never heard of it any other way anywhere else. Is this the case?

As for my Driver's Ed, I did it in a Civic, then came home and practiced driving in a Suburban. :neenerneener:

Here in the Great Northwest, all public school systems have Drivers Ed. You can take it as an elective class of after school or during the summer, but the school system drivers education systems seem to be pretty nice.

Lake Washington Drivers Ed program is sponsored by Lee Johnson Cheverolet. THey drive brand new Impala's which are then resold after a year as a program car.

Not bad for the kids today.

My school had one of those Cutlass Ciera sedans- terrifically exciting.

LOL! That's what we had as well. In fact, the year I had driver's ed (want to say 1991), the school had just received a few of these brand new from a local dealership!

Most of my driver's ed time was spent in the ultra cool Corsica hatchback.

Nice. My parents had one of those; they bought a 1990 model to replace the '82 Chevette I had been driving... he he.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Do you know what it feels like being alone?" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Swing Swing Swing'