Mazda NAIAS Info, turbo SUV and new RWD sports car

KABURA RWD Sports coupe.
http://www.mph-online.com/web/prtranslated/00316

CX-7 details
http://www.mph-online.com/web/prtranslated/00315
Early thoughts, 244 hp turbo 4 cylinder, with 6 speed automatic and available awd in the CX7 plus the looks and nice interior of Mazda. It might be a huge hit.

[post="57902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If the 2.3L is as mannerly in the CX-7 as it is in the MazdaSpeed6, it will be a GREAT powertrain combo!

After driving the MazdaSpeed6, I liked the power delivery, low-end torque, and performance better than even the V6/5-speed combo I used to run.

The added low-end torque will probably make up for the less-powerful 2.3L version....and the 6-speed automatic should provide a nice combination of gear rations to compliment the turbo engine.

The O.C. I totally agree. I only got a few days in the Mazdaspeed6 but I loved it as a killer commuter. Totally stealthy, adult and a blast to drive (and great in the snow). Mazda is saying they did a lot of work on the powerplant to make it specific for the CX-7 application but basically think of it as the same turbo four from the Mazdaspeed tuned for more hp and torque a larger vehicle will need. The two door coupe could be the surprise hit of the show. Although I think the Camaro will really just blow everyone away and dominate mainstream coverage. Dave

The O.C.
I totally agree. I only got a few days in the Mazdaspeed6 but I loved it as a killer commuter. Totally stealthy, adult and a blast to drive (and great in the snow).

Mazda is saying they did a lot of work on the powerplant to make it specific for the CX-7 application but basically think of it as the same turbo four from the Mazdaspeed tuned for more hp and torque a larger vehicle will need.

The two door coupe could be the surprise hit of the show. Although I think the Camaro will really just blow everyone away and dominate mainstream coverage.
Dave

[post="57987"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

.....LESS horsepower and MORE torque......the MS6 has 274hp to the CX-7's 244hp....

• 2 weeks later...
I'll tell you I am pretty stoked about the Kabura. I want a nimble, cheap, usable, and tossable RWD car. I want it small. You know, like a Solstice coupe would've been? This sounds like a winner. They're talking about a Miata-derived, lightweight, two seater or 2+2 RWD hatchback coming in under $20,000. It's like a dream come true. This could be the new CRX. Tony