Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

New Alice in Chains album

6 posts in this topic

http://www.aliceinchains.com/home.html#/home

Only one song is available to listen to right now, but I like what I hear.

I wasn't quite sure at first with the new vocalist, but after hearing him I think he's a good fit to follow in the footsteps of the late Layne Staley. The album Black Gives Way to Blue will be released September 28.

Ah, this is something I've been following for quite a long time now. Good to see I'm not the only one.

I downloaded "A Looking In View" last month and wasn't as terribly disappointed like I first thought I would be. DuVall isn't a bad vocalist and his vocals do harmonize with Cantrell's quite well. My only criticism was that the song was slightly too repetitive to run on for seven minutes. The first time I was listening to it, I expected some sort of solo to hit after the four or five minute mark, but was greeted with the chorus again instead. That let me down a little bit.

A clip of "Check My Brain" was put up on YouTube a few days back and I checked that out as well. I can tell it's going to be a little more "poppy" than "A Looking In View," but it doesn't sound bad.

I do plan on downloading this. I don't know if I can bring myself to actually buy it, though.

I downloaded "A Looking In View" last month and wasn't as terribly disappointed like I first thought I would be. DuVall isn't a bad vocalist and his vocals do harmonize with Cantrell's quite well. My only criticism was that the song was slightly too repetitive to run on for seven minutes. The first time I was listening to it, I expected some sort of solo to hit after the four or five minute mark, but was greeted with the chorus again instead. That let me down a little bit

I was thinking the same thing...it needs something to break up the monotony about 3/4 of the way through. The harmonies toward the beginning of it were really good though.

Alice In Chains is my favorite band to this day, so while I am excited about a new album finally, it just isn't the same without Layne. A looking In View is a good song, but not a classic, like most of AIC's older stuff. That said. the song does have a catchy riff and is without question better than just about anything else out today, DuVall sounds fairly good on the single but I've been anything but impressed with his live performances, and I've watched many on youttube.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0