More new 9-5 pics!

pow

What a difference the Aero-X paint and wheels make... and what a fabulous looking car. Like the G8, it's a shame how GM loses a breakthrough car shortly after its debut...

500x_2010_Saab_9-5.jpg

504x_2010_Saab_95_3.jpg

504x_2010_Saab_95_2.jpg

504x_2010_Saab_95_4.jpg

504x_58462-e-saa-.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5346842/2010-saab-9+5-...bos-all-swedish

Edit: Apparently this is the Aero model, which also gets different front and rear fascias.

Edited by pow

I think this car is really beautiful. I've always been a fan of SAABs, but I really can't wait to see where they go from here. Too bad GM had to get rid of them right before this and the 9-4x came out...I really think between the two SAAB could really turn around...

I think this car is really beautiful. I've always been a fan of SAABs, but I really can't wait to see where they go from here. Too bad GM had to get rid of them right before this and the 9-4x came out...I really think between the two SAAB could really turn around...

2 interesting vehicles, that will certainly do their part in keeping SAAB from sinking until the NG 9-3 is released. 9-3 is the car that is fundamental in securing SAAB's future.

EDIT - Love the turbine wheels :)

Edited by ZL-1

I have to admit that the exterior styling has grown on me quite a bit, but the interior design doesn't really appeal to me at all. My '96 Ford Contour had the same alien green interior lighting. It looks rather dated.

Isn't green the colour the human eye is most sensitive to? I think I read somewhere that that is the justification for the military FLIR systems to convert infrareds to the colour green. Having your car's instruments lit with green colour would then have a strictly functional (and quite clever) purpose.

Edited by ZL-1

Isn't green the colour the human eye is most sensitive to? I think I read somewhere that that is the justification for the military FLIR systems to convert infrareds to the colour green. Having your car's instruments lit with green colour would then have a strictly functional (and quite clever) purpose.

I suppose that's true. Isn't Swedish design supposed to be all about function anyway? I guess it would be appropriate then. I just think blue is a more calming and aesthetically pleasing interior lighting treatment (although it is starting to become too common and overused).

I have to admit that even the green color is less tiresome than the red lighting scheme on my Mazda3 or the orange/amber lighting scheme on the 2002 Altima I used to drive.

I do have to admit that the exterior design is really starting to look good to me though. It really does convey the brand's "Saab-ness". I still prefer the 2010 LaCrosse to this car, but the exterior design is well executed and totally appropriate for Saab.

Edited by cire

I suppose that's true. Isn't Swedish design supposed to be all about function anyway? I guess it would be appropriate then. I just think blue is a more calming and aesthetically pleasing interior lighting treatment (although it is starting to become too common and overused).

I have to admit that even the green color is less tiresome than the red lighting scheme on my Mazda3 or the orange/amber lighting scheme on the 2002 Altima I used to drive.

I do have to admit that the exterior design is really starting to look good to me though. It really does convey the brand's "Saab-ness". I still prefer the 2010 LaCrosse to this car, but the exterior design is well executed and totally appropriate for Saab.

The MINI uses an orange lighting scheme too (the infamous BMW pixel-dot-displays, lol). Green is less tiresome.

I think both LWB Epsilon2 models are spot on in terms of what the brands stand for.

Edited by ZL-1